Transportation from LAX to Crowne Plaza hotel in San Pedro

I Love Carbs

We're flying into LAX a day before our cruise therefore no Princess Shuttle transfers available.  Do we need to book ahead for UBER or Lyft from LAX?  Or will we able to find one when we arrive at LAX?  We need transportation for 4 to the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro.  Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, I Love Carbs said:

We're flying into LAX a day before our cruise therefore no Princess Shuttle transfers available.  Do we need to book ahead for UBER or Lyft from LAX?  Or will we able to find one when we arrive at LAX?  We need transportation for 4 to the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro.  Thanks in advance.

Very new Uber user here, you shouldn't have ANY problems getting one at LAX. You could even get on the Uber app now and do a mock booking to see how many there are driving around. We used the system for the first time a few weeks ago in Fort Lauderdale and it's amazing to see how many Ubers are available, and to watch as your car approaches you.

One cautionary note about LAX, you'll need to take LAX-It into account. A few years ago the airport moved all taxis, rideshares etc to a separate pick up area near Terminal 1 called LAX-It, and that's where you would catch a taxi or an Uber, NOT at your terminal (which if you're coming in Air Canada would be Terminal 6). You'll have to get on a shuttle bus to the LAX-It lot before calling your Uber.  Only the most expensive Uber variants (Uber Black) are allowed to pick up at the terminals, most have to use LAX-It.

Read all about it...

https://www.uber.com/global/en/airports/lax/

• Thanks 1

Thank you lx200GPS for the information and the hyperlink to Uber.  I've never used Uber before so I will be a 'newbie' to this.  And yes we will be flying in via Air Canada so good to know that we can't catch a taxi or Uber at our terminal.

Thank you ruready for your reply too!  Great to know that we'll have no problem getting an Uber or Lyft ride at LAX and that we don't need to book ahead of time.

On 3/10/2023 at 9:37 AM, I Love Carbs said:

Thank you lx200GPS for the information and the hyperlink to Uber.  I've never used Uber before so I will be a 'newbie' to this.  And yes we will be flying in via Air Canada so good to know that we can't catch a taxi or Uber at our terminal.

Thank you ruready for your reply too!  Great to know that we'll have no problem getting an Uber or Lyft ride at LAX and that we don't need to book ahead of time.

Download the App before you go just make sure when using the app to select a vehicle that will seat 4 and accommodate your luggage.  We had 4 bags after a 30 day cruise and ended up with a minivan which was perfect.

Completely your choice to tip or not but I always tip in cash and the drivers seem to really appreciate it.  

9 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Download the App before you go just make sure when using the app to select a vehicle that will seat 4 and accommodate your luggage.  We had 4 bags after a 30 day cruise and ended up with a minivan which was perfect.

Completely your choice to tip or not but I always tip in cash and the drivers seem to really appreciate it.  

Thanks for the tip to download the App before we get to LAX.  We've never used Uber or any ride share programs so this will be a first for us.

1 hour ago, I Love Carbs said:

Thanks for the tip to download the App before we get to LAX.  We've never used Uber or any ride share programs so this will be a first for us.

You're welcome maybe check out YouTube for a tutorial? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 12:45 PM, lx200gps said:

The online LA taxi estimator has it around $70 + tip. Ubers start around half that amount

Can a taxi pick you up at your terminal, or do you have to take the shuttle to the lot for a taxi, also?

Edited by hmorrow

3 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

Can a taxi pick you up at your terminal, or do you have to take the shuttle to the lot for a taxi, also?

Taxis cannot pickup curbside. There are three taxi stands, one at Terminal B (International), Terminal 7, and Terminal 1 (LAX-it). Otherwise you need a shuttle to the LAX-it Lot.

1 minute ago, scottca075 said:

Taxis cannot pickup curbside. There are three taxi stands, one at Terminal B (International), Terminal 7, and Terminal 1 (LAX-it). Otherwise you need a shuttle to the LAX-it Lot.

Thanks- but an Uber black can pick up at the terminal?

Edited by hmorrow