Pre-cruise land tour question one year out

Lane412000

Booked March 20, 2024 12 day Land of the Rising Sun aboard the Riviera.  Asked the TA to book us on the pre-cruise land tour and was informed we were placed on a waitlist.  Is it possible that the land tour is fully booked one year ahead of the cruise with the majority of the cabins still available?  Or, is it possible that it is too early for Oceania to have opened the pre-cruise land tour for booking?

When I look at the booking for land tour I receive the message LAND PROGRAMS CANNOT BE PAID USING SHIPBOARD CREDIT.  This is the same message I always receive on my past cruises.

Thoughts?

The Pre and Post tours are very limited in their numbers and selling a tour out has no relationship to the ship stateroom availability. With a year to go, I would be optimistic you will clear the tour Waitlist.  
Enjoy 

Mauibabes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lane412000 said:

Booked March 20, 2024 12 day Land of the Rising Sun aboard the Riviera.  Asked the TA to book us on the pre-cruise land tour and was informed we were placed on a waitlist.  Is it possible that the land tour is fully booked one year ahead of the cruise with the majority of the cabins still available?  Or, is it possible that it is too early for Oceania to have opened the pre-cruise land tour for booking?

When I look at the booking for land tour I receive the message LAND PROGRAMS CANNOT BE PAID USING SHIPBOARD CREDIT.  This is the same message I always receive on my past cruises.

Thoughts?

You can try to call Oceania directly. It’s possible that you receive more information about the status of the tour and your position on the waitlist.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, osandomir said:

You can try to call Oceania directly. It’s possible that you receive more information about the status of the tour and your position on the waitlist.

My experience has been that I could not book the Land Tours until 365 days before.  Perhaps you are waitlisted until the booking window opens?

Sorry, wrong quoted poster…

• Like 1