Boston and Baseball Game

parentsof5

1 hour ago, parentsof5 said:

There is a 4 o'clock game when we are in port. Ship sails at 10 pm. That seems doable, however, I am not familiar with travel time between the stadium and port. Obviously, we could miss the end of the game. Any thoughts?

By Uber from Black Falcon Terminal to Fenway Park will be 15 to 25 minutes depending on traffic. When leaving the port walk off the ship and go around the big white building (Boston Design Center). Around the opposite side you’ll see large numbers in circles. Call you Uber for pick up at 23 or 25 Dry Dock Ave. The road is still 2 way so the driver can avoid the chaos at the pier. 
You can get to Fenway by public transit called The T but it will take 45 minutes to an hour. 
Go Sox!

• Like 2

Please note....you should pre-purchase your tickets if you don't want to be disappointed at the box office. While you may manage to get standing room only tickets, keep in mind most Red Sox games are sold out in advance.

• Like 2

Just a heads up: Fenway, especially the Grandstand have a fair number of obstructed view seats. Make sure you check the view for EACH seat before you buy.  I cannot attest to the accuracy for each seat but there are 3D views that give you a good idea. For example search Grandstand 20 and look a the view for Row 7 Seat 1.

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/ballpark/seat-map

For reasonably priced seats look at the Right Field Roof Box which are unobstructed though can be hot in the sun. If you are willing to spend a bit more then go for the Pavillion Box. Most of these are covered and Row A seats are my favorite. No need to spring the $ for Pavillion Club. Pavillion Box are just as good and a lot less expensive.

In any case. Have fun! Go Sox!

• Like 2

I would not miss the opportunity to take in a Boston baseball game.  The scene is electric.  Lots of fun.

I'm personally not a fan of the covered box seats as the seats have less leg room than a standard coach seat on an airplane.  The outfield grandstands have some of the most room but the view obviously isn't as good.  My favorite seats for the money are in section 33 which is down the third base side next to the green monstah.  Sit as close to the field and monster as you can get.  Keep in mind the third base side is really short, so you are sitting a lot closer to the infield than you might imagine.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CaribbeanBound said:

I would not miss the opportunity to take in a Boston baseball game.  The scene is electric.  Lots of fun.

I'm personally not a fan of the covered box seats as the seats have less leg room than a standard coach seat on an airplane.  The outfield grandstands have some of the most room but the view obviously isn't as good.  My favorite seats for the money are in section 33 which is down the third base side next to the green monstah.  Sit as close to the field and monster as you can get.  Keep in mind the third base side is really short, so you are sitting a lot closer to the infield than you might imagine.

My favorite area is also on the 3rd base side, but in lower box seats, section 26. Back in the day I could buy a seat there on the day of a game for less than $20. Not anymore.

If you end up with an obstructed view ticket, you can usually find a standing room location behind the grandstand.  They also DO mark REALLY obstructed tickets as such, so if you are directly behind a pole, just a row or two, you will know in advance.  If you are 3-10 rows behind and it is in line with Home Plate or the mound you might be disappointed.  Middle of Grandstand rows is rarely obstructed, same with first 3 rows or so as the pillars themselves are a few rows back
Avoid sections 6-12 and the box seats in front of them in Right Field as they face the Center Field wall and you have to crane your neck 90 degrees to see the action

Tell us the opponent and date, not hard to predict how big the crowd will be.  Tampa on a Tuesday is different than St. Louis on a Sunday.

With the new pitch clock, game length should be shorter.  3 hour games are probably the outside expectation with 2:45 or so the average I anticipate

Edited by Nitemare

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 10:38 AM, Nitemare said:

If you end up with an obstructed view ticket, you can usually find a standing room location behind the grandstand.  They also DO mark REALLY obstructed tickets as such, so if you are directly behind a pole, just a row or two, you will know in advance.  If you are 3-10 rows behind and it is in line with Home Plate or the mound you might be disappointed.  Middle of Grandstand rows is rarely obstructed, same with first 3 rows or so as the pillars themselves are a few rows back
Avoid sections 6-12 and the box seats in front of them in Right Field as they face the Center Field wall and you have to crane your neck 90 degrees to see the action

Tell us the opponent and date, not hard to predict how big the crowd will be.  Tampa on a Tuesday is different than St. Louis on a Sunday.

With the new pitch clock, game length should be shorter.  3 hour games are probably the outside expectation with 2:45 or so the average I anticipate

It will be a Saturday game against the Tigers. 

On 4/15/2023 at 5:27 PM, parentsof5 said:

That will be a fun time with the Boston faithful. Don't expect a ton of Detroit fans.  I have been able to see a few games at Fenway since I live in New England, and the only time I have seen Red Sox fans even close to being out numbered was the first game the Cubs played at Fenway since the 1910's.... It was a heck of an experience for my crazy cub fan heart. 

On 4/15/2023 at 2:27 PM, parentsof5 said:

If the Sox are doing well a Saturday game in August could get sold out.   I'd keep an eye on the standings and if the Red Sox are a few games over .500 or better, I'd buy in advance.

• Like 1