Change Cabin Names

Jords7

Hi guys,

Bit of a strange one. We have a cruise booked on MSC Divina for October and currently these are two separate bookings (parents and 2x Adult Children).

We booked through a travel agent and currently mother and daughter are booked in one cabin and father and son in a second cabin. We really don't want to mess with the assigned cabins as these are fine but want to switch so husband and wife in one cabin and brother and sister are in another. I've heard once onboard the concierge can change cabin occupants but would that be for just families who have multiple cabins with one booking or would they be able to switch occupants across different booking numbers?

Thanks 🙂

Are the kids under 21? If so,  that is why the agent did this. Yes you can go to guest services and have them switch the names around. If they are both over 21 then I don’t know why the agent did this.  You can ask your agent to fix it before you go, but as a travel agent, I can tell you MSC phone reps are not always great and they could mess up the reservations. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't count on you being able to switch cabins once on board and I don't know who told you that you could.

As JT1962 mentioned, MSC would consider this a cancellation and rebooking if done before the cruise (clearly stated in MSC's Terms and Conditions available on the website).  A cancellation fee would apply and rebooking would be at the current rate.

Once on board, several posters have stated they tried the cabin switch game at Guest Services and it was denied.

You mentioned a Concierge so I don't know what class cabin you booked, but switching can be especially problematic if cabins are at different experience levels.

Actually I’ve read on multiple sites that it’s not at all uncommon for them to provide extra cabin key cards for situations like this. I’m in a similar situation and cruising in 2 weeks so I’ll let you know how it works for me.

Let’s put it this way: no matter what, I’m sleeping with my husband in our own room, not with my 3 sons in their room, regardless of how I had to book it lol. One of them is 20 years old and in the military but they still wouldn’t let me put a room in his name, it had to be mine…

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 2:13 AM, Falcon8 said:

Actually I’ve read on multiple sites that it’s not at all uncommon for them to provide extra cabin key cards for situations like this. I’m in a similar situation and cruising in 2 weeks so I’ll let you know how it works for me.

Let’s put it this way: no matter what, I’m sleeping with my husband in our own room, not with my 3 sons in their room, regardless of how I had to book it lol. One of them is 20 years old and in the military but they still wouldn’t let me put a room in his name, it had to be mine…

Thanks so much. Hope you had/have a good trip.

We recently did this on the Divina.  We wanted to switch 2 adults traveling with adults from one room the other.  We were in the YC.  We did travel like this prior on the Seashore and didn't need to do this because of the wrist band.  Divina does not have this.  We ask and was told flat out NO.  Also, we have been told no several times when asked for just a room door key.  However, our butler told the concierge they wanted it done for ease since the rooms had 2 different butlers.  They did it no problem. 

• Thanks 1