Frustrating Travel on the Sapphire Princess, January 4, 2023

Buffalo Boaters

56 minutes ago, Buffalo Boaters said:

For everyone following this thread, here is an update. We received a total of $6,900  as a credit on our card for the cancelled Machu Picchu land tour. There was no explanation of this credit given to us or our travel agent. This sum of $6,900 does not match what we think we are owed after subtracting the actual cruise payment from the total paid to Princess. Our travel agent spent an unsuccessful hour on the phone with Princess trying to get them to justify the amount of refund we were given. The Princess spokesperson was short and would not divulge any details. For all of you going through this ordeal, I hope you were more successful and you received your refund in a timely manner. It took our travel agent 6 weeks and Princess would only go through an agent. We have a Princess cruise in January, 2024 with family. We were Princess loyalists, not any more.

Thanks for updating us.    You should of course have received a detailed explanation of the refund.

Did you travel agent insist on talking to a supervisor?   

It took me almost a full 6 months to get a refund of about $600.    Mine was a pretty straightforward calculation:   we'd prepaid for excursions that were later cancelled (some  by Princess; some by us).   We had the package, so not much spending onboard to offset the credits from the cancelled excursions.    I spent countless hours on the phone, etc, etc    Finally got someone who dug into it, got the refund "unstuck", and I had a check 2 weeks later.   She said this shouldn't have happened, and she couldn't explain why.    My take is they're overwhelmed in that department, and still have quite a bit of new(er) staff being trained.

Mary

On 4/21/2023 at 5:55 AM, Buffalo Boaters said:

For everyone following this thread, here is an update. We received a total of $6,900  as a credit on our card for the cancelled Machu Picchu land tour. There was no explanation of this credit given to us or our travel agent. This sum of $6,900 does not match what we think we are owed after subtracting the actual cruise payment from the total paid to Princess. Our travel agent spent an unsuccessful hour on the phone with Princess trying to get them to justify the amount of refund we were given. The Princess spokesperson was short and would not divulge any details. For all of you going through this ordeal, I hope you were more successful and you received your refund in a timely manner. It took our travel agent 6 weeks and Princess would only go through an agent. We have a Princess cruise in January, 2024 with family. We were Princess loyalists, not any more.

I am happy to hear you finally received some of your refund @Buffalo Boaters although not as much as you were expecting. It gives me hope that I may finally receive the rest of my promised refund soon together with the refundable OBC which I have also not received. 

I would never book a cruisetour with Princess again.