Honeymoon Beach St John Update March 2023

Ms411

Unfortunately, most recent review of Honeymoon Beach is not good, because management is trying to limit where guests who are not spending on amenities can sit and enjoy their personal refreshments.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147413-d184538-r881544416-Honeymoon_Beach-Caneel_Bay_St_John_U_S_Virgin_Islands.html

Most of the visitors who hike in with their own chairs and refreshments are land visitors, so if the review is accurate, management's actions may not effect day visitors.

As far as "the law" goes, it is my understanding that it only requires that there be access and that public property stops at high water mark. The beach above the high water mark and concessions are probably on "private" property which currently is not part of NPS. 

It has been a very complicated situation for over a year, sigh.

23 hours ago, Ms411 said:

Unfortunately, most recent review of Honeymoon Beach is not good, because management is trying to limit where guests who are not spending on amenities can sit and enjoy their personal refreshments.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147413-d184538-r881544416-Honeymoon_Beach-Caneel_Bay_St_John_U_S_Virgin_Islands.html

Most of the visitors who hike in with their own chairs and refreshments are land visitors, so if the review is accurate, management's actions may not effect day visitors.

As far as "the law" goes, it is my understanding that it only requires that there be access and that public property stops at high water mark. The beach above the high water mark and concessions are probably on "private" property which currently is not part of NPS. 

It has been a very complicated situation for over a year, sigh.

Wow! I will have to follow this closely, we have a NCL excursion booked here

I would ask the excursion desk for more details as to what the tour includes. I would be very concerned if they don't provide a detailed description as to what's included. I want to know exactly what I'm paying for so I can tell if they delivered.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, disneylover89 said:

We are late June, please report back how you liked the excursion.

Will do.  I’m a bit concerned because if the recent reviews of honeymoon beach. I haven’t been able to find any recent reviews of sip excursions to Honeymoon.

• Like 1