Free upgrade from Plus to Premier promotion from Princess

lvcruiser`12

I received a card from Princess Cruises on 3/11 showing a promotion for a free upgrade from Plus package to the Premier package. You pay the $60 per day for Plus and you get the Premier package. 

New bookings only and it says exclusive for your first cruise.

Campaign code: PD3MD407A

I already booked my first cruise so they would not apply it to my booking but it may work for someone considering booking before April 1 2023.

3 hours ago, lvcruiser`12 said:

I received a card from Princess Cruises on 3/11 showing a promotion for a free upgrade from Plus package to the Premier package. You pay the $60 per day for Plus and you get the Premier package. 

New bookings only and it says exclusive for your first cruise.

Campaign code: PD3MD407A

I already booked my first cruise so they would not apply it to my booking but it may work for someone considering booking before April 1 2023.

The skeptic in me is wondering why Princess is doing this?   Not enough buyers?  Get you hooked?  Add that many more to the reserved seating area....Ha what a deal????

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The skeptic in me is wondering why Princess is doing this?   Not enough buyers?  Get you hooked?  Add that many more to the reserved seating area....Ha what a deal????

The plus package includes a lot of box wines and $10 bottles of well drink liquors we stopped drinking once we got our first jobs after college.

So, the only package they should be offering as a luxury line is the Premier. 

7 minutes ago, roadster08 said:

The plus package includes a lot of box wines and $10 bottles of well drink liquors we stopped drinking once we got our first jobs after college.

So, the only package they should be offering as a luxury line is the Premier. 

You really call Woodford reserve bourbon and Grey Goose vodka cheap liquor ?  Plus works just fine for us. And who ever called Princess Luxury?

Edited by memoak
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, memoak said:

You really call Woodford reserve bourbon and Grey Goose vodka cheap liquor ?  Plus works just fine for us. And who ever called Princess Luxury?

I did write a lot and not all for a reason. 

Maybe Luxury is not the term everyone would use, but Princess is generally considered more upscale than lines like Carnival and RCL. It's reasonable that customers should be able to expect any addon services Princess offers are in kind. 

15 minutes ago, roadster08 said:

I did write a lot and not all for a reason. 

Maybe Luxury is not the term everyone would use, but Princess is generally considered more upscale than lines like Carnival and RCL. It's reasonable that customers should be able to expect any addon services Princess offers are in kind. 

More upscale?  perhaps, a little.  I've heard the qualifier "premium" used to describe Princess, similar in how HAL and X are described.  But I'd argue that since 2015, Princess' trajectory has been to convince passengers they are having a "premium" experience while Princess keeps their expenses, service, and food closer to that of Carnival or RCL.  I'm not sure how you can maintain a "premium" cruise brand with 3600 passenger ships in the same way that some of the Cadillacs in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s were built with the same GM parts as used on Chevrolet (not necessarily bad parts).

As for NCL, they are still NCL, great at some things, awful at others, and they seem to have jettisoned their approach as "ultra low cost brand the upcharges for everything, but we just call it FREESTYLE (as in, nothing is free)" by now maintaining the upcharges, and charging more just to get on the ship.  So is NCL considered "premium" by virtue of charging more?

We got the same card for the promotional upgrade.  I was excited since we were just in the planning stages of doing a possible cruise.  So I had our travel agent work on the booking.  She had to book and get a deposit before she could then call back to guest services to have them add on the free upgrade.  Sadly, it did not apply to our sailing.  She asked about other dates for a similar cruise and none of those were eligible either.  She was also told there isn't even a list of which are eligible.  When I called Princess, the lady I was finally able to get through to that was able to discuss the matter with me told me she'd only found one cruise that actually qualified.  Seems like Princess could easily put out a list of which do qualify to save time for their employees and save disappointment for their guests.  We received our promotional flyer as Ruby members, so it's not like it was going out to just anyone. 

Felt like they made an offer to loyal customers but the catch was almost no one would qualify for the upgrade.  Not the best business practice.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We also received the promotion as Platinum members. Just booked a cruise with our T.A. and she was able to get the promotion applied to our cruise.  She was unfamiliar with the offer but was pleased that it worked.

• Like 1