Booking for Family or 5

Is there any easy way to do this or check pricing online?

The Royal website will only let me put 4 in a room, but then I can select a 5+ room…would the price for the 5th person be the same as 3/4 (all are kids)?

Alternatively, I try to find connecting cabins, but they never seem to be available (or you can connect 2 2-person cabins and get up to 4 people…). We’ve done connecting cabins before and it’s been great - I’m just not finding them! 

Any tips are greatly appreciated! I know I can call and ask, but I’d prefer to check pricing/compare options on my own first.

6 minutes ago, cruisegirl06 said:

Any tips are greatly appreciated! I know I can call and ask, but I’d prefer to check pricing/compare options on my own first.

You can't - you have to call. Finding connecting 2-3 persons cabins online can also be a challenge - better call for that as well. Use a TA instead of RCI.

• Like 2

There is no way to do pricing online for family cabins, you have to call. When doing a mock booking for interconnected cabins, do you put one adult in each room? It may then let you out more than one child in each room. It's also worth asking to see if you could get 5 in connected rooms.

9 minutes ago, cruisegirl06 said:

Is there any easy way to do this or check pricing online?

The Royal website will only let me put 4 in a room, but then I can select a 5+ room…would the price for the 5th person be the same as 3/4 (all are kids)?

Alternatively, I try to find connecting cabins, but they never seem to be available (or you can connect 2 2-person cabins and get up to 4 people…). We’ve done connecting cabins before and it’s been great - I’m just not finding them! 

I called and asked about the two bedroom suite and they told me the charges were the same for 5th and 6th guests as they were for 3rd and 4th guests. 

I remember someone giving the advice to reserve the room for 4 and call and add other people after you book. I have never tried that so don't know if it is good advice or not.

That's what I do. If I see a room that fits my family of 6 and I like the price, I book it for the first 4 people, and then I call in to add my other 2 kids to the bookings. You can get a good idea of the additional pricing by looking at the 3rd/4th pax pricing - it's going to be the same. The reason why I book immediately is the cabins for 5+ are very hard to find, and I don't want to waste time waiting on hold for a rep. I've never had an issue booking this way. Also, when you add the 5th/6th passengers, Royal will create a separate booking number for them - each reservation can have a max 4 people listed on it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 3:14 PM, chocopreppy said:

That's what I do. If I see a room that fits my family of 6 and I like the price, I book it for the first 4 people, and then I call in to add my other 2 kids to the bookings. You can get a good idea of the additional pricing by looking at the 3rd/4th pax pricing - it's going to be the same. The reason why I book immediately is the cabins for 5+ are very hard to find, and I don't want to waste time waiting on hold for a rep. I've never had an issue booking this way. Also, when you add the 5th/6th passengers, Royal will create a separate booking number for them - each reservation can have a max 4 people listed on it. 

Are you only booking true Suites? Would any other room would fit 6? We always have to do connecting rooms… but your way sounds like it would be a better use of $$$.

46 minutes ago, DyanaT said:

Are you only booking true Suites? Would any other room would fit 6? We always have to do connecting rooms… but your way sounds like it would be a better use of $$$.

There are other rooms that do but not a lot of them. Some ultra spacious ocean view, family interior, family balcony, superior balcony, and some ocean view sleep 5-6. Not all ships have all categories, though.

Edited by Jussabitconfused

45 minutes ago, DyanaT said:

The Ultraspacious category 1R - Interior, 1K - Oceanview and 1A - Balcony will hold 6

• Like 1

One thing RCL could definitely do better is not letting people don't need need them book 1 of the 2 connecting cabins. I can't tell you how many times I've called RCL or an agent and had them tell me "No connecting rooms are available; one has already been booked". Why would anyone want that in the first place?

Another way we've found around it is to get connecting balconies. Works great and with all girls, having the extra bathroom has come in very handy. We have 3 connected balcony rooms for our upcoming sailing.  

On 3/26/2023 at 5:59 PM, DyanaT said:

No, the number of suites that can accommodate 6ppl is super limited. I'm actually currently on the allure right now in an extra spacious ocean balcony room and it's great for 6 people - bunk beds, extra space, lots of storage. Only downside is sharing 1 bathroom for the entire week, but I fixed that problem by purchasing the thermal suite pass for myself!

• Like 1