Vista class friends sharing Pinnacle Grill breakfast with us

gregma60

3 hours ago, Moriah said:

Oh wait, I know I said I'd shut up, but I just noticed you are sailing on Volendam.  Keep in mind the Pinnacle Grill has NO WINDOWS on that ship.  It's a lovely dinner venue, but at breakfast, I don't know about you, but especially in Alaska, I don't want to miss the scenery!

Exactly! We were on the 21 day Maasdam Alaskan cruise in 2019. We are NOT Lido people but that cruise we ate every meal in the Lido. The scenery was so incredible and I could get outside quickly to take photos. 
Cheers, Denise

• Like 1

In the past they would have the Pinnacle Breakfast in the upper dining room on ships with the interior Pinnacle (now the Volendam and Zaandam).

Not quite the same sense of luxury and space as being in the Pinnacle dining room itself - large tables, banquettes, but there were windows and we would ask for a table for four for just the two of us to get that same expansive feeling - kind of - from the upper main dining room.

The best part of the Pinnacle dining room was the special service and getting to know what one liked or didn't like - esp on the Prinsendam. But other ships, this perk was a mixed bag so we did not always use this perk either. 

My own favorite is heading to the crepe maker at the Lido on the ships that offer one, and concocting a lemon, butter sugar crepe after collecting the lemon at the coffee/tea station. Then asking the crepe maker to just put in a dollop of butter and some brown sugar into the crepe and, please nothing else.

Then a squeeze of lemon over the top and it suddenly becomes a Paris street treat that warms the soul during gentle evening rain shower. (At least that is how I remember it from 60 years ago!)

• Like 3

When we have occasionally cruised with friends or relatives, we all do our own thing for breakfast simply because we find our morning habits may be slightly different than theirs. You don’t have to have every meal together. Dinner we always have together, lunch sometimes, and breakfast never.

I hope you enjoy the Volendam. I think you’ve chosen well for your first cruise!

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Moriah said:

For me, it's not much of a perk.  As i said, it's quiet. That's about it as far as why it would be "better" than eating elsewhere.  And if you are in any kind of hurry, don't eat in Pinnacle OR MDR.  Get room service or eat at the buffet, where the food is fast, delicious, plentiful, and fresh.  I'd rather have an omelet cooked right in front of me on the Lido than order one in the Pinnacle and wait half an hour for it to arrive cold.  But that's just me.  I'll let others chime in now 🙂  In any case, you will love your Alaska cruise in a Neptune Suite! 

This is the opposite of our experience of eating every breakfast of a 25-day cruise in the Pinnacle Grill. As we were being seated, our waiter greeted us. Our coffee, water, and juice were there within minutes along with a selection of rolls etc. As soon as we were settled either the hostess or our waiter was waiting to take our orders. Our food was there before we had a chance to finish a roll. It was always very hot. I have eaten in the Lido when not in a Neptune and it took longer standing in line, for the food, than it did in the Pinnacle on that trip. It may have been the hostess and the waiter, but they made eating in the Pinnacle a very special "perk". I agree that a Neptune Suite is a fantastic way to enjoy an

Alaska Cruise.

Edited by Trapper44
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

When we have occasionally cruised with friends or relatives, we all do our own thing for breakfast simply because we find our morning habits may be slightly different than theirs. You don’t have to have every meal together. Dinner we always have together, lunch sometimes, and breakfast never.

I hope you enjoy the Volendam. I think you’ve chosen well for your first cruise!

Great point, pretty sure that is what we will do as well.

-gregma