Celebrity room service charges?

willow949

13 minutes ago, AmberCascades said:

I wonder if this change has anything to do with the ability to find and train staff.  I have read some posts where people feel the ships are understaffed or filled with trainees.  Where I live there is one restaurant chain that isn't even doing delivery anymore as they can't get anyone to do it.  It's dine-in or pick-up. 

s it possible they don't have the staff to do all this running around the ship?  Imagine if every guest, for some reason, wanted room service?   Maybe the fee is to encourage people to go where the food is. 

I know they do the continental breakfast, but they have lots of time to get those orders ready and organize the deliveries.  

Just a thought.  

Allowing free room service actually reduces crew…MDR dinner uses M’d, asst M’d, waiter, asst waiter, water person, sommelier, bread person and table bussers

5 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Allowing free room service actually reduces crew…MDR dinner uses M’d, asst M’d, waiter, asst waiter, water person, sommelier, bread person and table bussers

Sure, but those people need to be on call and at the dining room.  Maybe they would all go to the RS department if no one showed up in the MDR, but how would anyone know where to allocate the staff?  Would they understaff the MDR in case a bunch of RS calls came in?   How would they know, in advance, on any given night, who works in RS and who works in the MDR?