Jewel of the Seas

jamon

Just got off the Jewel on the 11th. I personally thought everything was wonderful. I have no complaints that come to mind. The staff was amazing. Unfortunately for the cabin stewards, our sailing was the beginning of the once a day cleaning (we got to choose morning or evening service) and Royal doubled their rooms. So instead of 6 rooms, they had 12. If you are lucky to be on deck 9 aft and have Ryan, you are in for a treat. He was such a pleasant young man. Some of the CS were really stressed by the change. Change is never easy. A lot of people do not like the new menu. I loved it. Some items were better than others, but there was always something that looked interesting. I can't comment on the activities because I really didn't participate in them. 

If you have any specific questions, I will be happy to try an answer. 

BTW- boarding and if you have time to wait a little, getting off the ship was a breeze. My son couldn't find his car key so we got off the ship closer to 9 and walked right off. There wasn't a soul around. They used facial recognition and no customs. Those that left around 8 or so were struggling a bit with the elevators. A lot of people kept their luggage for some reason. 

Choozin Croozin......thanks for your reply....a couple of questions...what kind of shows were in the main theater? Was there a headliner? Do you remember how the band was in the Atrium? Any problem getting a second entree if you wanted one, also appetizers? How was food in the buffet??? Will wait for you reply......thanks

8 hours ago, jamon said:

Choozin Croozin......thanks for your reply....a couple of questions...what kind of shows were in the main theater? Was there a headliner? Do you remember how the band was in the Atrium? Any problem getting a second entree if you wanted one, also appetizers? How was food in the buffet??? Will wait for you reply......thanks

Fortunately I saw @Biker19s post. I can't tell you too much about the shows. Our granddaughter was with us and she was the show until bedtime. Couldn't stay awake until the late night. There was one show that I saw a portion of: a guy on a unicycle and another guy throwing him swords etc. Doesn't sound like much but what I saw, they were pretty funny. The Atrium band was amazing. My gd loved dancing to them when they performed. The problem was, they weren't consistent. There were others and game shows (some better than others) etc, in between. They usually performed at some time, it just varied. Second entrees no problem but you got served one at a time.... same with apps. We ordered 3 at a time sometimes, they did serve two at a time if there was an odd number. We had an amazing waiter and we were a family of 5 so it might vary a bit.  I do not like the Windjammer. Don't like the chaos and I'm a germ-a-phobe. With that said, they had a nice variety. What i missed may not bother you. It's all subjective. The salad selection lacked the "greens". Lots of  "white lettuce". I had a burger one day and it was really good! and I loved the fries! I got the made to order eggs every morning  and oatmeal (love the cruise ship oatmeal). I am also a huge fane of the pizza in the Solarium Cafe? There were things that maybe weren't like they "used to be", some things I miss, but all in all, I was on a wonderful cruise, out in a beautiful ocean, surrounded by outstanding people there to make my experience amazing, and I didn't have to cook or clean. I've never appreciated a cruise more than post COVID. 

I'm on the Jewel right now for 3 sailings. Giovanni's is excellent. So far only once in the MDR, so so. 

Headliner first night but they do a lot of game shows now, cuts down on outside entertainment. Production show was good and a great variety of music in the Centrum 

• 5 months later...