​🤑​ Another Deal Alert! Edge Alaska Cruise - Round Trip from Seattle 7 night 5/31/2024

On 3/23/2023 at 8:11 AM, Cruise a holic said:

My only concern would be the weather in May.  We went in early August and the weather was perfect.  So when you sail early that would be my worry- hope all is well and the weather good for you.

We have been to Alaska twice—once in July and once in August. The July cruise had rain most of the days and our excursions like a seaplane and helicopter to the glacier were cancelled. The August cruise had no rain and we did the seaplane and the helicopter. I just think you have to be prepared not to do certain excursions if it rains but still enjoy the wildness of Alaska.

On 3/23/2023 at 10:59 PM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

At the rate that people are booking cruises from these alerts I've posted, I feel as though I'm due some commission 😅 

Not actually, I'm genuinely just happy to help!

And thank you for a tip you posted a couple weeks ago for the Edge out of Barcelona!  We booked it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

Not sure I heard about a new cancellation policy.  Can you provide details?

You need to go to Celebritycruises.com to read the new differences between RFD and NRD on their site.  It changed this month, but not for cruises already booked.

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

You need to go to Celebritycruises.com to read the new differences between RFD and NRD on their site.  It changed this month, but not for cruises already booked.

Can you, or someone, provide a brief synopsis in terms of what has changed?

Edited by Stockjock

1 minute ago, Stockjock said:

Can you, or someone, provide a brief synopsis in terms of what has changed?

When cancelling a NRD booking, you now have the options to change to a new sailing at the time of cancellation subject to a $100/pp change fee or forfeiting the entire deposit. Before this change you had the option to receive a Future Cruise Credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 fee per person which expires one year after the issue date.

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

When cancelling a NRD booking, you now have the options to change to a new sailing at the time of cancellation subject to a $100/pp change fee or forfeiting the entire deposit. Before this change you had the option to receive a Future Cruise Credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 fee per person which expires one year after the issue date.

Okay thanks.  I always pay up for a fully refundable deposit, so I suppose it doesn't matter to me personally.  I don't think I've ever booked a cruise with a non-refundable deposit except when Princess offered $1 deposits, lol.