Early Morning Flight Arrivals - Tokyo

Not sure if it is the same for the overnight, but below is the advice on the Regent website for our 3-night pre cruise program - Vibrant Tokyo --

Please note that check in time at the hotel is at 4:00pm.

Although every effort will be made to have the rooms available before this time, this cannot be guaranteed. Should you have a very early morning arrival you may wish to book an extra night so that your room is available when you arrive.

But definitely not an extra night at Regents prices 😱

it might be worth asking the hotel if they have day rooms. It probably won't be 'your' room but at least you can freshen up, have a doze and somewhere to leave your luggage.

• Like 1

Definitely worth booking an extra night, ask your TA to do it and request the same room for the stay with Regent. We did this a few years ago for a cruise from Auckland - arrived at Hotel at 9:30 am after 25 hours of flying, had a shower, slept and when we came down to the lobby at about 3:00 pm there were still some Regent guests waiting for their room to be allocated.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bryeden said:

Definitely worth booking an extra night, ask your TA to do it and request the same room for the stay with Regent. We did this a few years ago for a cruise from Auckland - arrived at Hotel at 9:30 am after 25 hours of flying, had a shower, slept and when we came down to the lobby at about 3:00 pm there were still some Regent guests waiting for their room to be allocated.

Thanks for that I'll ask my cruise agent to get us a price

A friend had their flight changed by airline  to a day earlier (from Australia so no Regent flight) and TA booked an extra night at pre cruise tour hotel. The pre cruise tour included pick up from airport but Regent won’t do that now. They did eventually offer some OBC, but they feel let down. 
I had been telling them how great Regent was, so not a good start for them. 
We had to cancel our booked cruise which we would be onboard now so enjoying hearing about the Japanese ports and tours. 

16 hours ago, jillyf said:

A friend had their flight changed by airline  to a day earlier (from Australia so no Regent flight) and TA booked an extra night at pre cruise tour hotel. The pre cruise tour included pick up from airport but Regent won’t do that now. They did eventually offer some OBC, but they feel let down. 
I had been telling them how great Regent was, so not a good start for them. 
We had to cancel our booked cruise which we would be onboard now so enjoying hearing about the Japanese ports and tours. 

I may have misunderstood your comment, but if the flight was cancelled by the airlines so, and you say, "no Regent flight," then technically, it seems, your friend deviated and booked a separate night at their expense.  Is that correct?  If so, it clearly states that airport transfer will be at the person's expense.  Or was it that Regent wanted to rebook them on a different flight the same day (not a day early)? 

Eitherway, considering they were given OBC to cover the cost of airport transportation I can't see how this would lead to a feeling of being "let down."  Sounds like a good deal to me,  especially if they didn't have to pay for the extra night. 

Again, I admit I may be misreading your comment. 

Edited by papaflamingo

Arrived in Stockholm at 0630 from Honolulu [NOT direct] three days before the cruise.  We were the only Regent guests on the flight.  We were greeted by two Regent Reps who asked to carry our bags to an awaiting car, wisked to our Regent Hotel and the by 0930 we were in our room.  

Your results could differ, but it is possible for all the dominoes to align.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 10:33 PM, papaflamingo said:

I may have misunderstood your comment, but if the flight was cancelled by the airlines so, and you say, "no Regent flight," then technically, it seems, your friend deviated and booked a separate night at their expense.  Is that correct?  If so, it clearly states that airport transfer will be at the person's expense.  Or was it that Regent wanted to rebook them on a different flight the same day (not a day early)? 

Eitherway, considering they were given OBC to cover the cost of airport transportation I can't see how this would lead to a feeling of being "let down."  Sounds like a good deal to me,  especially if they didn't have to pay for the extra night. 

Again, I admit I may be misreading your comment. 

Regent doesn’t book flights from Australia ( or they didn’t when we sailed pre Covid). 
The airline changed their flight so an extra night needed to be booked.  They thought Regent would still do the airport transfer as it wasn’t them who changed the flight. I know that if Regent booked the extra night they would have had the transfer. Not sure what happened there. 
I agree that they were fortunate to be offered some OBC and they appreciate the gesture. 

• Like 1