Is Bari a reliable port of call?

cwistyred

Good evening,

We are on a cruise in a few weeks that stops in Bari. It is not the final stop, but we are planning to disembark there.

For those of you who have had Bari on your itinerary, did you actually dock there? Just trying to determine if there is a significant risk that this port could be cancelled. Some ports are just more prone to weather issues. I have a backup plan, but fingers crossed that we do not have to use it.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, cwistyred said:

For those of you who have had Bari on your itinerary, did you actually dock there? Just trying to determine if there is a significant risk that this port could be cancelled. Some ports are just more prone to weather issues. I have a backup plan, but fingers crossed that we do not have to use it.

Have been there twice on a ship and both times no issues. It's an enclosed harbor that's protected by sea walls on all sides. It's also a ferry port with regularly scheduled ferries operating there. I can't see any reason, short of something catastrophic, that weather would prevent you from stopping there. 

• Thanks 1

I've been reading this board for years and -- although admittedly Bari is not the most frequent port of call -- I have never read anyone reporting that it was missed. 

Anything can happen, of course, but I would say it is a RELIABLE port.