Princess Noob. When are cabins open to passengers on embarkation?

RedIguana

Yes I tried a few search terms, had the usual no luck using the CC search. I was assuming around 1 as on most other lines, but figured I would ask anyway. Specifically for the mini-suites, if they are on their own schedule.

The reason why you won’t find an answer is because there is no set policy. Often times you will receive a simple slip of paper upon checking in that will give you a sense of how things will operate on your particular cruise. And often times that is a conservative estimate. Sometimes hallways are restricted and sometimes you can walk to your cabin to assess the situation. You won’t know until you know. But assume that by 1:00 the coast will be clear. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

But assume that by 1:00 the coast will be clear.

Good to know. BTW, arrival times opened up for our Crown Alaska. Wife likes to leave the hotel as late as possible, I like to be on board at 11. So we compromised and picked the 11:00-11:30 slot. At least on the other lines I have been on you pretty much just walk on at that point with little wait. Want to do lunch early and not ruin dinner. I might bring a few cigars along and join you in the lounge. Haven't had one in years, but should still have some decent ones in the humidor.

3 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Good to know. BTW, arrival times opened up for our Crown Alaska. Wife likes to leave the hotel as late as possible, I like to be on board at 11. So we compromised and picked the 11:00-11:30 slot. At least on the other lines I have been on you pretty much just walk on at that point with little wait. Want to do lunch early and not ruin dinner. I might bring a few cigars along and join you in the lounge. Haven't had one in years, but should still have some decent ones in the humidor.

You'll find the boarding times are even more loose than the cabin ready time.  The number of people who will report accounts of princess even glancing at your assigned boarding time are slim to none.

For cabins, as Jimmy said, 1 is definitely all clear but if someone said 12:30 I'd take the under.  They're pretty good about letting you in as soon as they can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

You'll find the boarding times are even more loose than the cabin ready time.  The number of people who will report accounts of princess even glancing at your assigned boarding time are slim to none

My experience also on HAL, RCI, and Celebrity since last march, but a few of those were mini/Jr suites so check-in times were irrelevant. Tampa fall of 2021 and Jan of 2022 they were being enforced as still under Covid protocols. Actually was beneficial on one of those as a wreck (or 3) shut down I-4 and we were an hour past our check-in time by the time we arrived. They brought us straight to security instead of having to wait in the later que. We are the only ship in Vancouver on our embarkation day, so expect it to be pretty smooth.