Alternatives to Ephesus tours

We recently toured Ephesus and found it fascinating. With that said, we don't need to do it again. WIth an itinerary change, our ship now is adding a stop in Ephesus. Doers anyone have any alternative tour ideas. We really don't want to stay on the ship! Thanks in advance. 

Since you found Ephesus fascinating, you might consider finding a tour that goes to Magnesia, Miletus, and Didyma.  I did this when I visited Ephesus twice in 2 weeks on a back-to-back cruise.  I did the tour thru the cruise line.  It actually also did a quick pass thru Ephesus.  I didn’t mind since I did a longer Ephesus visit that included the Terrace Houses on the other visit.  

The above is good advice. Some tours offer Didyma, Miletus and Priene (which I would favor over Magnesia, but Priene IS a bit of a climb).  All of these are ancient ruins, BTW. Turkey has some of the best preserved Greek and Roman cities in the Mediterranean.

We're in the same boat (pun not intended) as we're also stopping in Kusadasi again but have done the Ephesus previously and don't feel the need to go again.  I'm going to check out the places that MHC and Cruisemom have suggested.  
To toss around another option:  On one previous trip, we took a local bus up to Sirince via Selcuk.  The bus was a bit of an effort but maybe there's a tour that goes there?  Sirince is a quaint and pretty village that's fairly easy to walk around and explore but hilly.  Felt safe, locals friendly.  Happy we visited but not sure if we feel the need to go again.

Edited by Milhouse
typo