Offered to upgrade to YC interior

AtSeaWithChris

1 hour ago, KennyFla said:

There is still a question about WHO gets an offer.  Is it random?

Again it's in MSC'S and Plusgrade's interest to get as many people bidding as possible, so I don't believe there's any secret exclusivity to the offers.

As stated earlier if you own the booking you need to be allowing MSC to send out marketing emails in your profile - or at least haven't intentionally opted out.   If you're booked through a travel agency then they own the booking and Plusgrade has stated only participating TA's bookings are eligible.   I believe a third factor is the booking country,  it appears Plusgrade may not make offers due to certain laws/regulations or other regional factors.

Posted on another site in regards to whether or not TA gift cruises are available for upgrades through the invitation. It seems that if you get mailed an invitation that you are able to bid. 

““With regard to bidding on upgrades for the TA GFT rates, I questioned this, and whether packages such as drinks and WiFi would be refunded. This is the official answer I received.

“Hello XXXXX,

Please allow me to answer on behalf of Kris as I have reviewed the booking.  I can understand the confusion since the terms in MSCbook state that “Bookings are not eligible for upgrades.”

Under this special pricing offered to our travel advisor partners, upgrades are not available through MSCbook or our Reservations representatives.

The MSC Upgrade program is offered and controlled through a partner company.  The program is offered by invitation only, and only on select sailings where the space might be available.  When the bid is placed and evaluated, they consider what has already been purchased and the amount of the bid.  A bid that is accepted is based upon the purchases you already have or haven’t made.  If they accept your bid, prepaid packages are not refundable as they were part of the evaluation process.

Hopefully this will help you to prepare your bid if you wish to participate.

If you have further questions, please feel free to reach out.

Best Regards,

Brian Palmer

Account Executive, Strategic and National Accounts

Brian.Palmer@msccruisesusa.com””

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1