1st time NCL cruiser....SO MANY QUESTIONS.

zdad59

3 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@603NHCruiser Call me in anytime.  Love engaging.  I am in the process of doing my due diligence on my upcoming cruise.  Unlike my posts on the Haven, Haven lite or Premium Plus Drink package; this research has much more to do with what to do at each port, what foods to eat when in a new country, how to get from the airport/hotel to the port.  

As you recognize, I get a little crazy when I do this stuff but enjoy the process immensely. So never hesitate to reach out.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

I can’t wait to read it once you have posted the results of your research/ how the cruise went. I have Greece/med cruise booked for the summer that I ended up switching to Alaska when the extra discounts came out. 

now I will have even more reason to book a  Med cruise after I have been able to learn from all your info. 

Many thanks, and happy cruising 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, hallux said:

Yup, my direct flights were on Southwest.  MCO is one of the few destinations I can go to from my home airport and get a direct flight, unless I want to go to the South Side of Chicago or somewhere near Baltimore.  The other major airlines don't fly direct to MCO...

I’ve flown over 2M miles so far, on a variety of airlines for work and pleasure.  Never, ever will I fly those I mentioned again.

I’ve seen where NCL will use the cheapest fares on the cheapest airlines.  I get what they’re doing.   That’s OK….they are booking what costs the least.  You want their “perk”?  You have to put up with everything that goes along with it.  

It just isn’t worth the aggravation.  My time and peace of mind is worth more than putting up with those airlines’ BS.

I go out of CVG, DAY, and sometimes CMH.  These days, it’s mostly Delta.  But, before I retired, my company’s travel dept did the same thing….booked me on the cheapest flights on those cheap airlines.  That’s all well and good, until you start to factor in the delays, layovers, etc they caused.  Then, productivity dropped precipitously and turns out what looked good on paper, resulted in missed meetings, reschedules, etc.  Not such a good deal after all.

Delta has had their foibles with me, too.  But, they are the best of the worst.