Sleep Apnea and bringing Cpap machine and distilled water

it my partners and my 1st  ever cruise unless you call the Spirit of Tasmania a cruise lol

we both have sleep apnea and have cpap machines  

1 can we bring Distilled water on board with us?
2 what things are we likely to run into trying to plug  our machines in  prepared to purchase a Powerboard(if allowed with extension leads if need be to plug these 2 devices in)
3  would it be much easier to buy  a powerbank for 1 cpap device  and plug the other 1 into  240v  if possible  or 2 powerbanks   and charge up during the day via 240 with a powerboard or double adapter?

for me i cant afford to live with out my cpap  without it i am likely to go walkabout stark naked  asking for sugar  to some poor unfortunate persons room
or  if i survive that i will be wanting to fall asleep all day and never leave the cabin day or night   

The last time i Slept without the cpa i ended up  at 2am in the morning  going to get  the lawn mower  and  started to cut the old ladies  front lawn  next door
with my mrs telling me i cant do her lawn yet   you are waking up the neighbours  

so i do not wish to have this happen on a cruise i may just happen to take  control of the ship and steer us in to trouble waters lol

We are not doing this until April next year  and only a short cruise to  Morton island

Any advice from others with  Cpap   ?

Thankyou in Advance

Hi What ship are you going on.?

Just off Pacific Explorer  and hubby has cpap machine..We took a powerboard one WITHOUTSURGE PROTECTION. as they aren't  allowed  and an extension  cord we had 1 Australian power point.

He always uses boiled water which you can get from cabin steward. Also on P&O ships you can't  even take unopened bottle water has to be in cans. Also think it depends on what company ship you are going on. Hope this helps .

Regards,Zanny

• Like 1

It depends on which cruise line you will be travelling with.

I know that Princess will supply you with distilled water for use in your CPAP machines. You just have to apply under the medical section.

On most cruise ships you cannot take a power board that is surge protected. Obviously a ship is not 'earthed' the way a house is so a power surge to a power board that is surge protected can cause a fire. You can take extension cords and a double adapter or a power board that isn't surge protected.

PS. Check if P&O will supply you with distilled water.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Thanks 1

I've been on probably 5 cruises with a CPAP. It's super easy. They'll supply distilled water and an extension cable if you ask them on boarding day. Some lines have a form that you can fill out to advise of any medical requirements.

• Thanks 1