Less than a month to go

aml3679

My husband and I are longtime Celebrity cruise fans, but, being retired, and on a retirement budget, we have reverted back to Carnival.

I just turned 62. I did nursing for more than 35 years and just retired in October. my husband worked in IT And retired last year, he will be 65 in June.

We were on the Freedom for 37th anniversary and had a wonderful time. We got home and we couldn’t get cruising out of our mind. About a week after we got home, someone from Carnival called asking if we wanted to  Book a vacation. Soon we were booked on the Mardi Gras.

We only live about three hours from the cruise port. We are leaving on the 23rd out of Port Canaveral. We are going to Nassau, grand Turk and Amber Cove. We do not have an excursion planned in Nassau , we have been there three or four times and plan on just walking around and probably going to the Straw Market In Amber Cove, we plan on doing the Junkaroo party bus, in Grand Turk. We are going to go to Monkeyland.

We have a Steakhouse and Rudi’s Sea grill booked for this cruise. 

we did purchase the premium beverage package. My husband loves a drink or two each night, and why I am not a big drinker, I did manage to drink my fair share when we were on the freedom.

We plan on enjoying the entertainment around the ship, and the shows.

How many people are joining us? Would love to hear and maybe meet up.

We are part of a Facebook group that is having a meet and greet on the first day along with the gift exchange and a shot glass exchange. We are going to do the Posta making class. We are also part of a slot pull.

Edited by aml3679
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, aml3679 said:

Click on the "Find Your Roll Call" link at the top of the page to find others who will be on your ship/sailing date.

• Like 1

Since you don't have plans for Nassau, may I suggest going to John Watling's Distillery for the best Pina Colada ever?!?  About a 20 minute walk up from the port (or a cab ride) to JWD where you can do a free tour or just skip it and have a pina colada.  There is a food truck there as well.  A block or so away from there is a pretty street with umbrellas floating above it.  Graycliff Hotel is there as well as a chocolate truffle store, wine shop and cigars.

Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise!

11 hours ago, aml3679 said:

My husband and I are longtime Celebrity cruise fans, but, being retired, and on a retirement budget, we have reverted back to Carnival.

I just turned 62. I did nursing for more than 35 years and just retired in October. my husband worked in IT And retired last year, he will be 65 in June.

We were on the Freedom for 37th anniversary and had a wonderful time. We got home and we couldn’t get cruising out of our mind. About a week after we got home, someone from Carnival called asking if we wanted to  Book a vacation. Soon we were booked on the Mardi Gras.

We only live about three hours from the cruise port. We are leaving on the 23rd out of Port Canaveral. We are going to Nassau, grand Turk and Amber Cove. We do not have an excursion planned in Nassau , we have been there three or four times and plan on just walking around and probably going to the Straw Market In Amber Cove, we plan on doing the Junkaroo party bus, in Grand Turk. We are going to go to Monkeyland.

We have a Steakhouse and Rudi’s Sea grill booked for this cruise. 

we did purchase the premium beverage package. My husband loves a drink or two each night, and why I am not a big drinker, I did manage to drink my fair share when we were on the freedom.

We plan on enjoying the entertainment around the ship, and the shows.

We are part of a Facebook group that is having a meet and greet on the first day along with the gift exchange and a shot glass exchange. We are going to do the Posta making class. We are also part of a slot pull.

We were on the Freedom Mar 18 to the 23rd, maybe that is when you were on, it was

a nice cruise.