NCL Internet Package Question

hollieann144

On 3/30/2023 at 1:32 PM, hollieann144 said:

So I decided to just buy the internet package before since it was only $109 for 7 nights, and it leaves Saturday. When I went to add it, it said it was unavailable at the time and to inquire on board. So I called NCL, and they said since we booked through Expedia we have to upgrade through them? Has anyone experienced this?

You waited too long and your reservation was transferred to the control of the ship. Normally, that happens 2 days prior to departure. 

On 3/31/2023 at 6:30 AM, spenecer said:

If your cabin member has an NCL account and it is linked to your reservation before you sail then that person can use their own account.

I just created an account for my husband and linked our reservation to it. Please confirm that the following is correct. 

1. I will buy the unlimited package using my husband's account since he is a wi-fi hog and uses YouTube all the time, so he'll need the premium service. 
  2. I will still have the 150 FAS minutes if I sign onto my account.
  3. Because we have wi-fi service from separate accounts (unlimited and 150 FAS) we'll each be able to be logged in simultaneously since we're signed onto separate accounts. 
  4. When my 150 minutes run out, and if I need wi-fi, from my device I will use his ID (email) and PW and log into NCL to use the wi-fi.  At this time we'll need to take turns since it's one account with wi-fi. 

If this is correct then I need to decide if it's worth it, or if we can just share.  We are on a 10-day Mediterranean with lots of ports of call.

2 hours ago, LGinPA said:

I just created an account for my husband and linked our reservation to it. Please confirm that the following is correct. 

1. I will buy the unlimited package using my husband's account since he is a wi-fi hog and uses YouTube all the time, so he'll need the premium service. 
  2. I will still have the 150 FAS minutes if I sign onto my account.
  3. Because we have wi-fi service from separate accounts (unlimited and 150 FAS) we'll each be able to be logged in simultaneously since we're signed onto separate accounts. 
  4. When my 150 minutes run out, and if I need wi-fi, from my device I will use his ID (email) and PW and log into NCL to use the wi-fi.  At this time we'll need to take turns since it's one account with wi-fi. 

If this is correct then I need to decide if it's worth it, or if we can just share.  We are on a 10-day Mediterranean with lots of ports of call.

When you log into the system the first time, the network on the Epic will record your MAC address.  There is a message saying that the system has stored your MAC address. This will lock the device into whichever plan you buy.  

I don’t know for sure, but I’m guessing that for you to start sharing your spouse’s plan you will need to go down to the Internet Cafe and have them de-list your device from your account.  

On 3/31/2023 at 6:30 AM, spenecer said:

NCL counts your seconds. A457AD06-C691-438E-ABAD-50E55739D60C.thumb.png.10e26fc60c9d8db17f3450980c63cecc.png

If your cabin member has an NCL account and it is linked to your reservation before you sail then that person can use their own account. If the person does not have an NCL account then they use your account. NCL then counts the number of devices connected simultaneously on the account. I bought the unlimited through the Free at Sea Plus. I have both my device and my daughter’s device logged in simultaneously using my account (I get two devices).

Do not hotspot your phone. The router connectivity is already very slow. Turning your phone into a hotspot will slow it down even further. Also, you have to be in airplane mode on your phone which on most devices automatically turns off personal hotspots. If you want to hotspot, buy an external hotspot and take the hit in decreased speed. 

They do not count your seconds.  The countdown clock you show is for unlimited Wi-Fi til the end of your cruise, tho the number is often incorrect. 

The system rounds up to the next minute for the by minute packages.