Coast Guard inspection on Anthem??

3 hours ago, Pellaz said:

At least it's not a US Public Health inspection.  The Oasis (or it might have been Allure) failed its first USPH inspection right after US deployment.  😮   

The only time Oasis came close to failing was in 2017, with an 87 (still passing).  Allure had a couple of low, but still passing scores in 2017 as well.  Even if a ship fails a USPH inspection, it usually doesn't result in the inspection taking longer, and it doesn't affect embarkation, as the USPH wants to see a meal service as part of the inspection.

Found only one RCI failing score, Adventure in 2015.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

The only time Oasis came close to failing was in 2017, with an 87 (still passing).  Allure had a couple of low, but still passing scores in 2017 as well.  Even if a ship fails a USPH inspection, it usually doesn't result in the inspection taking longer, and it doesn't affect embarkation, as the USPH wants to see a meal service as part of the inspection.

Huh, I'd swear I'd been linked to the actual USPH data page, from a thread on CruiseCritic in fact, showing the scores at that time.   Oh, well.  Memories fade.  

On 4/4/2023 at 3:40 AM, chengkp75 said:

Say it isn’t so. Adventure is one of my favorite ships. Think I’ve sailed her more than any other.

• 3 months later...
On 4/1/2023 at 12:29 PM, Sun Lover said:
I just got a text that says it's from Royal Caribbean (I've never gotten a text from them, only emails.) This is what it says:

The U.S. Coast Guard will conduct an annual inspection onboard Anthem of the Seas. We may experience some boarding delays, so we ask that you arrive after 1:00 p.m. Please arrive no later than 1:30 p.m. All guests should be checked in and onboard by 2:00 p.m. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Could this be a joke? My son is going on Anthem tomorrow and he did get an email yesterday stating that the Coast Guard is doing an annual inspection on his sailing and the boarding times were changed.

How could it be an annual inspection if it's conducted twice in a 3 week span? There's no way everyone would arrive after 1 p.m. and all guests would be checked in and onboard by 2 p.m. Also, I have never gotten a text from RCI and it doesn't really look official to me. At the bottom it says "everbridge," whatever that means.

Did anyone else get this?

I am sailing on July 21st on Mariner, I got the same message that is posted here but asking us to come an hour later if I do that it puts me in the last window to board and I won't wait that late because of possible traffic issues with the roads around Orlando. I plan on being there just before my boarding window that starts at 1:30pm not 2:30pm when the boarding closes at 3pm for this cruise.  Wow what a mess.

On 4/1/2023 at 9:29 AM, Sun Lover said:
I just got a text that says it's from Royal Caribbean (I've never gotten a text from them, only emails.) This is what it says:

The U.S. Coast Guard will conduct an annual inspection onboard Anthem of the Seas. We may experience some boarding delays, so we ask that you arrive after 1:00 p.m. Please arrive no later than 1:30 p.m. All guests should be checked in and onboard by 2:00 p.m. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Could this be a joke? My son is going on Anthem tomorrow and he did get an email yesterday stating that the Coast Guard is doing an annual inspection on his sailing and the boarding times were changed.

How could it be an annual inspection if it's conducted twice in a 3 week span? There's no way everyone would arrive after 1 p.m. and all guests would be checked in and onboard by 2 p.m. Also, I have never gotten a text from RCI and it doesn't really look official to me. At the bottom it says "everbridge," whatever that means.

Did anyone else get this?

And