Diving: Rum Point Vicinity?

ramidon1

Ok, you all have sold us on Rum Point. Problem is, my DH wants to dive in GC. He does want to get out of Georgetown (as recommended by veteran divers), but he is also trying to accommodate my request to lounge at what sounds like beautiful Rum Point. Can we rent a car & he drop myself & daughter at Rum Point & go somewhere nearby to do a bit of diving & return to get us? Or are we limited to going back to the same ol' 7-mile beach area?

You may need to provide a bit more information in order to get the information you need to plan your day. For example, is your husband planning to do shore diving? If so he would need to secure his tanks before heading out; and the rule of diving is to always dive with a buddy, so I am guessing he would have someone to dive with him if he is planning to do a self-dive. The Caymans are one of the best diving spots-in fact that is what the island first became noted for-so I hope your husband has a chance to get under the water even if it is a ship excursion.

We are dealing with the same issues in August. Red Sail (Tortuga Divers on Rum Point) have dive boats departing at 8:30 so they said they could not accommodate cruise passengers. They will "suit up" when you get to the beach but I think that just means shore dives.

Archived