Ocean Cay Lighthouse beach anyone ?

suebubbles

Hi i have mixed replies so im hoping that someone has been to Lighthouse beach can confirm for me wether they only have beanbag and chairs for relaxing on ? I cannot walk far so this sounds like the nearest beach i need a bed lounger rather than a chair/beanbag chair can you confirm there are bed loungers and umberellas in this area many thanks in advance

See video below. Looks like there are patio chairs and love seats. Also, the island does have a tram. Not sure how long the walk is from the tram stop to the lighthouse. 

there are a number of other YouTube videos that might be helpful.

I have been to Ocean Cay four times in the past year and haven’t seen any loungers at Lighthouse beach. There are lots of Adirondack style chairs, folding chairs, bean bags, free umbrellas and trees for shade. The other beaches have lots of loungers, but no free umbrellas and not much shade. 

When you get off the ship, there is a tram station to the left just as you enter the gates to Ocean Cay. The trams will take you to the beaches on the island that have plenty of free loungers.

2 hours ago, suebubbles said:

Hi i have mixed replies so im hoping that someone has been to Lighthouse beach can confirm for me wether they only have beanbag and chairs for relaxing on ? I cannot walk far so this sounds like the nearest beach i need a bed lounger rather than a chair/beanbag chair can you confirm there are bed loungers and umberellas in this area many thanks in advance

Lighthouse Beach does have some lounge chairs that are not padded. There are umbrellas but need to get off early to snag one, a few trees you could possibly sit under. The Tram can drop you off right at edge of Beach. 
Lighthouse Bar has three-seater/cushioned couches that you could put your legs up on and umbrellas that can be put up to shade you from the sun. The Tram will only drop you at pathway to Bar and you would have to walk a short distance. 

54 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Lighthouse Beach does have some lounge chairs that are not padded. There are umbrellas but need to get off early to snag one, a few trees you could possibly sit under. The Tram can drop you off right at edge of Beach. 
Lighthouse Bar has three-seater/cushioned couches that you could put your legs up on and umbrellas that can be put up to shade you from the sun. The Tram will only drop you at pathway to Bar and you would have to walk a short distance. 

Thanks so much for that information 

3 hours ago, JT1962 said:

I have been to Ocean Cay four times in the past year and haven’t seen any loungers at Lighthouse beach. There are lots of Adirondack style chairs, folding chairs, bean bags, free umbrellas and trees for shade. The other beaches have lots of loungers, but no free umbrellas and not much shade. 

When you get off the ship, there is a tram station to the left just as you enter the gates to Ocean Cay. The trams will take you to the beaches on the island that have plenty of free loungers.

Thankyou for your information

3 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Thankyou for your information

Just be warned: The "tram" might run or not. Just this Sunday we had to wait for more than 35 minutes and than it went only straight to one stop (south beach) and no other option to enter or leave.

On 4/4/2023 at 11:24 AM, suebubbles said:

Given your needs and limitations, you may want to check into getting a cabana.  They offer the best seating options and also shade, as the island has little shade other than umbrellas.  I don’t think you can choose the cabana, but the 4 times I’ve been on Ocean Cay, the cabanas are mostly unused. Thus guest services might can get you a convenient location.

14 minutes ago, rikitikitavii said:

Given your needs and limitations, you may want to check into getting a cabana.  They offer the best seating options and also shade, as the island has little shade other than umbrellas.  I don’t think you can choose the cabana, but the 4 times I’ve been on Ocean Cay, the cabanas are mostly unused. Thus guest services might can get you a convenient location.

Are the umbrellas free (first come/first serve) or should I plan on renting one?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, BrownEyedGirl50 said:

Are the umbrellas free (first come/first serve) or should I plan on renting one?  Thanks!

I believe the umbrellas are free, never used one though.

There are plenty of Youtube videos of Ocean Cay that can give you an idea of the  beaches, etc.