Parking Questions

moonlitmagik

My family of four are cruising out of MIA July 30th on the Seashore. We booked a room at the LaQuinta Airport East? One of the three over that way. They have free parking which I am quite quickly learning that NOT every, or rather, hardly any, hotels in MIA offer this. I'm ASSUMING my vehicle will be safe if I leave it with the hotel?? I mean, it is heavily insured (and honestly if they want to steal it they can have the payment that comes with it LOL)... but i'd rather NOT come back to my car being gone / broken into. Every thread i've searched says DONT park in any of the off site lots, but I'm really trying to cut our costs here. Their shuttle was ridiculously expensive per person, so we're just going to split an Uber / Lyft.

Anyone have any other ideas on other hotels that may offer free parking? The google reviews on this place kind of make me want to change locations but for the price it really can't be beat.

Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon is another often suggested hotel parking option, and is in a nicer area.  The only port parking in Miami that is convenient, covered and secure is at POM and costs about $25/day!

Since you are coming from Tampa have you looked at using 2 one-way rentals?  That way there's no parking issues to deal with.

25$ x 7 = WAY more than what we're paying for the hotel. Besides, it's been a while since I've been to Miami and since the brother and sister in law are coming from upstate NY AND it's my husband's birthday we figured we'd spend a night in Miami and explore so we're coming in on the 29th.

I would not be overly concerned. The area is nothing to write home about, but not known as high crime. Parking at the port is much easier, but if you get free parking I can understand why someone would want to do it. 

The off site lots people talk about are usually not hotels, but closer to the port and are just parking lots that you pay for. Many of those don't even exist anymore. My biggest issue with them is how horrible the shuttles are and the amount of savings IMO is not worth the extra time. 

Agreed, that you want to just take a rideshare to and from the port. Keep that in mind for your cost savings. Looking at about $20-$25 each way.

The nice thing about port parking it is right there, easy and secure. But its not free. 

On 4/7/2023 at 12:00 PM, moonlitmagik said:

also the rental car was very cost prohibitive once they tacked on the "one way drop off" fee. Yikes.

You might shop around.  Several rental agencies have NO drop off fees within the state of Florida.

While it has been a long time since I have rented anything...Budget would be my first stop.  

Also, http://mousesavers.com has several coupon codes for most of the rental agencies that offer a discount...usually in the 10-15% range.