Crown Grill for Vegetarian

Momma Rene

@Ladyshopper23  Thank you for taking the time to elaborate on the different types of vegetarians.  I will admit that I was was ill informed.  My travel mate is NOT a "vegetarian", although she has always told me she is.  She will eat a variety of foods but does choose to have her main diet of vegetables.  She chooses this avenue for health reason.  

On the other hand, I have a friend who has invited me to stay at her vacation home...as long as I do not bring in any meat, eggs, milk, etc when I stay there.  It is very clear she is a vegan.  No ice cream for her.  It's amazing what dishes she creates for our lunches.

Now, if OP @Momma Rene would return to get this thread back on track.  Will she/won't she invite her daughter to the Crown Grill?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We just got off the Crown on 4/29 and went to the Crown Grill for our 20th Anniversary dinner.  My husband is vegan and I am pescatarian.  I had the Sea Bass that was excellent.  We told them a couple of days in advance about my husband's dietary preferences. They prepared a "beyond steak" for him, accompanied by his favorite vegetables.  It was terrific.

I can tell you that without fail, at every dining room, as long as we told them at least a day in advance, the chef accommodated us - and in a very creative and delicious way.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Familycruzer11 said:

We just got off the Crown on 4/29 and went to the Crown Grill for our 20th Anniversary dinner.  My husband is vegan and I am pescatarian.  I had the Sea Bass that was excellent.  We told them a couple of days in advance about my husband's dietary preferences. They prepared a "beyond steak" for him, accompanied by his favorite vegetables.  It was terrific.

I can tell you that without fail, at every dining room, as long as we told them at least a day in advance, the chef accommodated us - and in a very creative and delicious way.  

Since we just booked the Crown I'm so happy to hear this! I've never had a big problem on Princess (but have with another cruise line) but I didn't know if things might be more difficult after "the pause". Sounds like they got better because the last time we ate at Crown Grill there was no vegan entree. I'll let my traveling companions know that we can dine in the Crown Grill together! 

On 4/16/2023 at 5:31 AM, rbtan said:

Diagnosed Vegan? You make it sound like an illness LOL!

yes, I knew what I wrote would be a mystery. But, I’ve been diagnosed with a disease that makes being a vegan my best option. (Vegan in eating terms, but not life style) 

43 minutes ago, Napagirl said:

Since we just booked the Crown I'm so happy to hear this! I've never had a big problem on Princess (but have with another cruise line) but I didn't know if things might be more difficult after "the pause". Sounds like they got better because the last time we ate at Crown Grill there was no vegan entree. I'll let my traveling companions know that we can dine in the Crown Grill together! 

absolutely - just let them know in advance wherever you go.   We LOVED our 15 day cruise to Hawaii on the Crown.  When is your trip?  If you go to the Fitness Center - tell Hein and Jamie that Adrienne & Michael say hello.  I could actually give you a list of names, but will spare you. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Familycruzer11 said:

absolutely - just let them know in advance wherever you go.   We LOVED our 15 day cruise to Hawaii on the Crown.  When is your trip?  If you go to the Fitness Center - tell Hein and Jamie that Adrienne & Michael say hello.  I could actually give you a list of names, but will spare you. 🙂

We're doing the CA Coastal that departs on Oct 22. Just booked it today! We were *this close* to booking the SF to Hawaii trip but one in our party has never cruised before and so we thought a shorter trip for his first time would be best.

1 hour ago, Napagirl said:

We're doing the CA Coastal that departs on Oct 22. Just booked it today! We were *this close* to booking the SF to Hawaii trip but one in our party has never cruised before and so we thought a shorter trip for his first time would be best.

Good call. Hawaii we will be there for next time. Hope you love it as much as we did. If you take things in stride and focus on the many positives you will really enjoy it! The staff were incredible and made all the difference 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Familycruzer11 said:

Good call. Hawaii we will be there for next time. Hope you love it as much as we did. If you take things in stride and focus on the many positives you will really enjoy it! The staff were incredible and made all the difference 

The SF to Hawaii cruise has been on hubby's and my list since it was available. We'll get there!

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 4:10 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Hi nini, my comment about eating ice cream was a joke 😄. I feel sorry for all my vegetarian friends that can’t have ice cream. BTW I will be eating ice cream until they take me to the concrete condo.🍦 😋

Tony

The Captain Of The Rowboat

Hey no foul here!! I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian and love cream in coffee & that ice cream. Yum!!

On 4/16/2023 at 11:24 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Save your money, go to the main dining room and order The vegetarian special it’s called a volcano see  photo she will love it 🥰  

Tony,

The Captain of The Rowboat 

DSCN1172.jpeg

IMG_1393.jpeg

Will ask for berries with it from now on.

Cheese is trickier. I make cheese without rennet & some commercial cheese has no animal rennet. Strict ovo-lacto vegetarians do not eat cheese they do not buy without checking it online first (yes, that's a thing)