current boarding times

suec12

We will be boarding in Southampton in Sept. - What times are currently being given for boarding and does it depend on when you fill out the on-line check in or your loyalty status? Do other passengers seem to be adhering to their assigned time? THANKS!

Currently (until 15th May) boarding groups are by status and deck numbers. When online check-in reopens (due to be 15th May) and if they follow the previous process, you will select your boarding time when you check in...earliest previously had been 2pm but the current ones (without online check-in) appear to be starting suites and high status from 1.30pm

You are requested/encouraged to stick to your given/selected times to avoid disruption at the terminal

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scots Caz said:

Currently (until 15th May) boarding groups are by status and deck numbers. When online check-in reopens (due to be 15th May) and if they follow the previous process, you will select your boarding time when you check in...earliest previously had been 2pm but the current ones (without online check-in) appear to be starting suites and high status from 1.30pm

You are requested/encouraged to stick to your given/selected times to avoid disruption at the terminal

They may stick to the current system!

Not only do passengers not stick to the selected times, Azamara doesn’t either! On our recent transatlantic from Rio boarding didn’t start until 2pm, but all the Azamara transfers picked people up from their hotels at 11:30am getting them to the terminal by 12, regardless of their check-in time! When we got there at 1:30ish for our boarding time of 2pm the terminal was full and we were allocated to group 29. We didn’t get on board until we’ll after 4:30.

Thanks for the replies so far - I did not know you could get a transfer from a hotel, day of embarkation - did you use Azamara (or whatever) Air? did you sign up for this transfer from the excursion portion of the website? Thanks!

43 minutes ago, suec12 said:

Thanks for the replies so far - I did not know you could get a transfer from a hotel, day of embarkation - did you use Azamara (or whatever) Air? did you sign up for this transfer from the excursion portion of the website? Thanks!

i didn’t use it, so I don’t know. Maybe someone who has done this will answer.

35 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Newbie to Azamara here. When exactly can one do these 'check-ins' online please? We aren't sailing till the Fall.

You can’t do it until fairly close to your cruise - used to be round about 30 days before. Have you an Azamara account? If so when you click on ‘Upcoming Cruise’ you’ll see a line that says ‘Check In Unavailable’. Once it is available that is where you will do it. If you haven’t an account yet, set one up by registering on their website.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

You can’t do it until fairly close to your cruise - used to be round about 30 days before. Have you an Azamara account? If so when you click on ‘Upcoming Cruise’ you’ll see a line that says ‘Check In Unavailable’. Once it is available that is where you will do it. If you haven’t an account yet, set one up by registering on their website.

Thank you. Yes, I do have an account so will just keep my eyes peeled .