Any Cabin Upgrade

azdrydock

Just booked a cruise on I noticed on my statement there is an option from HAL that reads "Any option upgrade". TA said this gives HAL the right to upgrade my cabin without my consent. Since HAL was closed and she was going to be out for a few days I should call HAL direct to have it have it changed. I called HAL and they said it is hard wired in the system and can't be changed. She said HAL would contact me prior to any change and I would have the ability to refuse it and keep my original cabin. I asked what happens if they can't contact me and her response was no change can take place without my explicit permission.

This contradicts what my agent had told me.

I checked a previous HAL cruise a few months ago and under Options it read "No option upgrade."

Any experience with this and is it defined on the HAL website.

11 minutes ago, azdrydock said:

I called HAL and they said it is hard wired in the system and can't be changed.

I seriously question if that is true!!  Have your TA call HAL when she returns and get it switched.  Frankly, my TA always checks with me when I book to find out if I want an automatic upgrade BEFORE she places my reservation. The TA should ask about your dining preference and bed configuration as well.  In my experience though, any of those can be changed if you want!

~Nancy

• Like 2