Drink Package Upgrades

DebNJoe

We will be taking our first Azamara cruise this August. Hopefully, we will be satisfied with the included wines and spirits, however if we decide to upgrade, can upgrades be purchased for the number of days remaining? 

Thank you! 

Or you can buy wine by the bottle.  You don't have to finish a bottle at any meal – they will recork it for you and keep it available wherever you ask that it be retrieved.  Much better selection this way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Or you can buy wine by the bottle.  You don't have to finish a bottle at any meal – they will recork it for you and keep it available wherever you ask that it be retrieved.  Much better selection this way.

I’m sorry, I’m just not familiar with this “recork” concept! 😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, harrodsfan said:

It’s available in most cruise lines. They have a special wine stage place. Easy peasy no matter what dining room you are eating in. 

I think Lisa was joking.  But maybe she only buys wine with screw caps??? 😀😀😀

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I think Lisa was joking.  But maybe she only buys wine with screw caps??? 😀😀😀

Surely everyone knows that all the goodness starts to seep out of that wine when the cork comes out (or the screw cap comes off)! It’s essential to see it all off before the day is over… isn’t it? That’s my logic, anyway! 😂😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

On 4/13/2023 at 3:37 AM, lisiamc said:

Surely everyone knows that all the goodness starts to seep out of that wine when the cork comes out (or the screw cap comes off)! It’s essential to see it all off before the day is over… isn’t it? That’s my logic, anyway! 😂😂

Not necessarily - on a wine tasting tour in New Zealand several years ago, one of the wines had been opened the day before to allow it to breathe adequately before pouring.

I haven't come across too many that benefit from that length of time, but the wine in question was excellent.

We often leave half a bottle to the next day at home - some of those do improve, although resealed for most of the 24 hours or so.