Port of Galveston Parking Reservation Time

hnokes

Hi All, just a quick question, I made a reservation to park in the north parking lot with the port of Galveston for our cruise in just a couple of days on April 16th.  I made it quite a while ago...about 3 months or so ago and I have a time of 12 noon on the reservation, however, my check-in time for the cruise is 11 am.  Will the port hold me to the 12 noon parking time?  

Also, I had to modify my reservation and put my license on the reservation instead of my husband's truck since we decided to put his truck in the shop while we were on vacation...in doing so, the modification automatically changed the time from 12 noon to 1pm.  Grrrrrrr, that will be something I will have to chat with someone about because that wasn't something I changed...

If anyone knows something more about this, any help would be greatly appreciated!

With much appreciation!

hnokes

Just looked up my old reservation from Dec:

Modification Policy:

Changes to your reservation can only be made 24 hours prior to ship sailing; modification can be processed on our website by using the MODIFY/CANCEL Link.

Search "North Lot" in your email and it should pop right up for you.

With that said, all we had to do was show our QR code, person scanned it and we were in. I don't think they really looked at the details.

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 9.43.39 AM.png

So, there is arrival times for Port parking too?   I had no idea.   Is it like the cruise, where the earlier you book, the earlier your arrival time?    Of course someone said they don't pay attention to that.   

Note, we'll be doing Galveston too.  

Isn't the price per day?   

ETA: I don't know these things since my cruise is Feb and they are only taking reservations for my ship for this year.  I keep looking though.  

Edited by HappyTexan44

They just don't want you to show up at 8:00 in the morning before  departing people have gone.  There won't be any parking places if you get there too early.  No parking early and walking or taxiing to the town area for breakfast etc.  The last time I sailed from Galveston we did self carry and pulled out of the parking lot at 7:55am.  We were some of the first out of the lot.

Edited by bethco
  • Like 2

Gosh, the one time I parked there nobody even scanned my QR code, they just saw that I had one and waved me through!  Nobody looked at the time and nobody even looked at my paperwork.  We just held it up.  We wondered if we were supposed to leave it on the windshield.  We didn't and everything was fine when we got back.  I have two more cruises booked with parking there.

• Like 1