Yet another platinum dining certificate question

drmomsc

My husband and I are taking his mother on her first cruise. We have a 2 bedroom haven stateroom. We have free at sea plus- so that is 4 specialty meals each for husband and I. Then, we just made platinum- which, from my understanding, gives the cabin 2 meal certificates for 2. Can we legally/ethically use the certificates for my mother-in-law? I am thinking yes, since they are per cabin, not per individual.  I don’t want to cheat the system, but I also don’t want to eat 6 meals out of the Haven either. 
thanks in advance!

You can use the platinum vouchers to take anyone you wish to dinner.  Assuming you are all eating together, you take your MIL for a meal using platinum voucher #1, husband uses one of his specialty meals.  Husband then takes his mother on the 2nd platinum voucher, you use one of your specialty meals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agreeing with @julig22, as that gives each of the three of you twice.

You and he can then go to two more specialty restaurants. However, if you have "mom" along, you would either need to pay ala carte for her, or, purchase a two-meal dining package for her.

Below is a link for the pricing:

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/dining-packages

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

An alternate option might be IF your ship has Food Republic, you could use two vouchers to share four selections each between the three of you.

Where you can find Food Republic:

Norwegian Bliss, Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Joy, Norwegian Prima and Norwegian Viva

It’s the Breakaway, so unfortunately no Food Republic- we love it! But it does have Wasabi- which I think is a similar setup. 

15 hours ago, mistertomatoe said:

Haven people slumming it at Food Republic... hmm.

This haughty Havener slummed it at Food Republic, Q, La Cucina, and Teppanyaki on our last sailing. We've even gone to Moderno, American Diner and Cagney's before. Yikes! 

I know, how dare we mix with everyone else on the ship when we have such a luxe experience!

• Haha 1