Stateroom changed by Princess Help needed please

Seaworthy71

16 hours ago, Prost said:

It's been a while since I checked, where in my cruise confirmation listed "no upgrade" or "accepted all upgrade"?

You can't see it in your booking with Princess, but my travel agency shows it on their booking page.

I usually book directly with Princess and work to select the perfect cabin - passengers above, below, and across the corridor.  Then, I transfer it the booking to my TA and after the transfer is in effect I call and we go over the booking and the TA is able to mark it "No Upgrades".

And then, after I learned Princess is so slippery with their "upgrades", I check my bookings every morning to ensure I haven't been moved to an "upgrade": under the Melanoma Deck.  It happened once in the past and the TA was able to get me back to my perfect, "downgrade" cabin.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shawn5 said:

Depending on where you're sailing, the bow may not have that much more motion difference than at  midship. Certainly not worth cancelling your cruise over. 

The bow is almost always worse.

• Like 1

• Thank You good to know they kept blaming it on me (even we I told the booking agent for health reasons it was imperative to try and keep room), so she marked it anyway.
  •  

I don't have a lot of experience with cruising, but I do remember Holland America (years ago) offered an upgrade. They gave us a choice, the original cabin was still present and kept in tact.

Do You not pay more for choosing Your cabin and choosing mid ship when You book?

3 minutes ago, Seaworthy71 said:
  • Thank You good to know they kept blaming it on me (even we I told the booking agent for health reasons it was imperative to try and keep room), so she marked it anyway.
  •  

I don't have a lot of experience with cruising, but I do remember Holland America (years ago) offered an upgrade. They gave us a choice, the original cabin was still present and kept in tact.

Do You not pay more for choosing Your cabin and choosing mid ship when You book?

Yep, you pay more for choosing your own cabin and THEN Princess may still decide that you need an "upgrade" to a cabin in a less desirable location.  There's a good reason those crappo cabins are vacant and if they can quietly move you there and you don't notice, the better location is available for sale.

• Like 1