Checking in for my July 16 cruise

motravelerken

Going on my first HAL cruise in July. Leaving July 16th from Vancouver to Whittier on NA. How early can I check in?  How early should I check in? I have made my final payment and I have my passport. I have also booked excursions. I have the HIA package and made a dinner reservation at Pinnacle. Just trying to take care of things and wondering when to check in. 

Do you mean the online check in? You can start that anytime.  Just log in to the HAL website and you will see where you can start the process.  If you meant what time should you come to the port for embarkation, you will probably get an email with a check in time, but as has been reported here quite often, nobody seems to actually check whether you've arrived at the assigned time.  Usually around 11 AM is when actual boarding starts, although  you can usually check in a little earlier.  Just remember to be on board an hour or two before sailing!  Rooms are almost always ready as soon as they start the boarding process.  I like to come at 10:30 and board right away, but that's just me. Some people arrive at 1 PM because they want to beat the crowds.  You will love the NA and Alaska!