Ship Tours

freeon

Does MSC offer ship tours? We were on the Allure of the Seas a few years ago and were able to book tours to visit ship. Meaning behind the scene. We went on the bridge, kitchens, control room and many more places. It was very interesting. Does MSC offer this, specifically for the seashore. If so were to book?

27 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

As far as I know they only can be booked on board. And surprisingly they always sell out fast.

This doesn't surprise me because any time I've heard of them being offered the advice was always to book it as soon as you get on board. Anyone know where and when I would do this? Any chance they let you sit in the captain's chair? I think Princess allows that and we had planned on doing this on a booking that got cancelled due to covid and now postponed until a regime change in Russia.

21 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

the advice was always to book it as soon as you get on board. Anyone know where and when I would do this?

I am also awaiting an answer to this question.

I hope someone who knows can offer some insight.

My husband did a behind the scenes tour on Divina in Feb. They weren't allowed to go in the engine room or on the Bridge, although I think if the shipped is docked they will allow something. It was on a sea day.

He booked at the YC concierge, but I assume it is something that is considered an excursion, so booked through the excursion desk.

He thought it was very interesting and informative. One take-away I found interesting for people who are critical of the entertainment is that they rotate entertainers frequently and a new dancer could be joining the shows the same day. They are provided the music/choreography and required to learn on their own, which I imagine can be very difficult. They also have to do all of their own costumes and spend a certain amount of time in the fitness center each day - all of this after the show times in the evenin.

• Like 1