OK..so how do you request an upgrade?

luvgreys

I am always reading about people who get an upgrade, or did not get an upgrade. But then I have also read about people who have requested an upgrade, and got it...FREE. Do I just call my PVP, and ask for a free upgrade? We are booked in a OV Cabin on the main deck of the Glory, no GTY. Thanks

:)

I am always reading about people who get an upgrade, or did not get an upgrade. But then I have also read about people who have requested an upgrade, and got it...FREE. Do I just call my PVP, and ask for a free upgrade? We are booked in a OV Cabin on the main deck of the Glory, no GTY. Thanks

:)

In order to get an upgrade which is not 100% guaranteed is to book a cabin Guarantee, if you selected a specific cabin, you will not get upgraded. There is a very rare chance that they would call you and ask if you want an upgrade because they are looking to sell that cabin.

I always book a cat. 1a or a 4a Guarantee and always get upgraded to a 6a with french doors or above. I also always book directly with Carnival.

I didn't request anything last year on our first cruise yet we were upgraded from a balcony to a suite on the Victory. We didn't book a guarantee either since it was our first cruise i wanted to be in the middle of the ship. Our suite was located near the middle too so it worked out great.

On my current booking, I was assigned a cabin when I booked.. Cat 8A. I have since been upgraded twice for FREE just by calling Carnival (No specific PVP at any time) and asking if there are any complimentry upgrades availabe. I was told that I could call as often as I wanted but I am NEVER guarnteed an upgrade, and I cannot upgrade out of balcony category without it costing extra. (Example, I can't go from balcony to suite on a FREE upgrade) So I am now in cat 8D. Hope this helps to answer your question!

On my current booking, I was assigned a cabin when I booked.. Cat 8A. I have since been upgraded twice for FREE just by calling Carnival (No specific PVP at any time) and asking if there are any complimentry upgrades availabe. I was told that I could call as often as I wanted but I am NEVER guarnteed an upgrade, and I cannot upgrade out of balcony category without it costing extra. (Example, I can't go from balcony to suite on a FREE upgrade) So I am now in cat 8D. Hope this helps to answer your question!

That might be what they tell you but then why were we upgraded for free from a balcony to a suite? I'm sure it doesn't happen often but I can say for certain that it happens since it happened to us.

That might be what they tell you but then why were we upgraded for free from a balcony to a suite? I'm sure it doesn't happen often but I can say for certain that it happens since it happened to us.

I absolutley agree! I only wish I would get that lucky!!! I was just passing on information that I had been given... but I assure you that ANYTHING can happen!! I feel lycky to have gotten a free upgrade at all... so I can only imagine how lucky you feel! Congrats on your last upgrade and I hope you have MANY MANY more to come (and me a couple, also) !! If you ever figure out the secret, let us know!! hahaha!

I don't understand why people don't book a room you know you will be happy in. That way in case you don't get an upgrade you will still have a nice room.

That's exactly why we book a balcony. We will be more than happy if we get no upgrades at all. But, if they want to give us another suite for free then we'll be glad to take it.

If I booked through a TA should I just keep in contact with her, or can I call Carnival Directly? How should I go about requesting upgrades. (I haven't been assigned a cabin at all yet, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it either.) We sail in November so if any of this upgrading happens will it happen now or when we get closer to "THE DATE"?

I really don't know who you should contact because I've never booked through a TA, always directly with Carnival. However I do know that the upgrades can happen now, but it is more likely closer to your sail date.

just fyi, for anyone who cares. I got excited when I read this thread last night, thinking I may have a chance at an upgrade, even though I booked a specific cabin. I called carnival this morning, told them I was on the liberty on March 26th for a honeymoon cruise, and asked if there are any complimentary upgrades. She said no. I'm not really disappointed, b/c I didn't think I would get it. I even threw in the honeymoon thing, hoping they'd be generous! Oh, well. We have a balcony in a good location, so, I can't complain! So excited! 13 days!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

If I booked through a TA should I just keep in contact with her, or can I call Carnival Directly? How should I go about requesting upgrades. (I haven't been assigned a cabin at all yet, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it either.) We sail in November so if any of this upgrading happens will it happen now or when we get closer to "THE DATE"?

If you booked through a TA, Carnival will not talk to you about your cruise. You'll have to go through your TA to try for upgrades, or for any other questions that come up about your cruise.

Think it will work just as well if you email instead of calling your pvp? I thanked mine for the upgrade we have already rec'c but suggested a little higher and closer to civilization would be nice, too!!! (we have 5a on Riviera so far and sail on 4-15) Just ask about complimentary upgrade?

Archived