Platinum AX Perks?

dwr777

Hi, my TA just told me they no longer offer the AX Platinum card perks and only the Platinum travel desk could.  Has anyone had success getting the perks on a cruise booked this year from another agency? Thanks!

49 minutes ago, dwr777 said:

Hi, my TA just told me they no longer offer the AX Platinum card perks and only the Platinum travel desk could.  Has anyone had success getting the perks on a cruise booked this year from another agency? Thanks!

Not true….your TA may not subscribe to AMEX perks, but my TA does, and always passes the perks on to me when I pay with my Plat AMEX!

1 hour ago, jcollin said:

Does anyone know if the $200 OBC / Le Bistro dinner for 2 can be added several weeks after making payment?  My TA said she would get it added but it would take 4-6 weeks.  Not sure why.

I've always booked through the Platinum Travel Service, so I'm not sure, but you'll see the promo code AMEXCPP on your invoice if it has been added.

• Like 1

JCollin,  please keep checking.  I was told the same thing last summer, in the end they didn’t make it on our cabins.  It took 3 frustrating months to resolve and I booked through AX Platinum. 

On 4/25/2023 at 7:18 AM, IsanTom said:

What perks do you get and how much is the annual fee for AE Platinum? Does the card carry Travel Insurance?

There are almost too many to list, $200 Airline Credit, $200 Hotel Credit, $240 Streaming Credit, $200 Uber Credit, Delta Sky Club Access when flying Delta, Centurion Lounge Access, Priority Pass, Global Entry, Clear, plus the extra hotel and cruise perks, plus the monthly offers which can also add up...I am sure I am missing some. The annual fee is $695. I think there is a current sign up bonus of 150k points which is worth at least $2000 (I have gotten a round trip to Portugal from Seattle in business class for 150k points which would have been $9K paying cash). 

Edited by fastpitchdad

12 hours ago, dwr777 said:

JCollin,  please keep checking.  I was told the same thing last summer, in the end they didn’t make it on our cabins.  It took 3 frustrating months to resolve and I booked through AX Platinum. 

Thanks dwr777.  Not sure why I need to wait for this.  We took advantage of this in March and if i remember correctly the Amex code showed up a few days after making final payment.  This is a different TA this time but they know I'm waiting for this as I've called a few times already.

2 hours ago, jcollin said:

Thanks dwr777.  Not sure why I need to wait for this.  We took advantage of this in March and if i remember correctly the Amex code showed up a few days after making final payment.  This is a different TA this time but they know I'm waiting for this as I've called a few times already.

You may never get it.