Do excursions sell out often prior to sailing

Vineyard View

On our Alaskan cruise last fall, all the fishing trip excursions sold out well before the cruise, as did most of the Zodiac excursions.  We were able to book one Zodiac excursion on board, but then it got cancelled due to foggy conditions.  That was a bummer.

6 minutes ago, SDuckers said:

On our Alaskan cruise last fall, all the fishing trip excursions sold out well before the cruise, as did most of the Zodiac excursions.  We were able to book one Zodiac excursion on board, but then it got cancelled due to foggy conditions.  That was a bummer.

Huge bummer. I would have been disappointed big time. 

This is for a small port in Croatia so not as likely I would not think as Alaska, but we would still like to do one of them. 

On our current cruise many of the excursions sold out before we embarked, but there were many cancellations once on board and a significant number then had places available again (some of which sold out again in a few days). If you have your heart set on certain excursions follow Florisdekort’s advice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JodiandFrank said:

Vineyard View - I think we are on the same cruise….Venice to Venice 5/27-6/17  I just went over all the excursions yesterday and basically took most of the ones that had a boat involved!  

We are! I just booked the one we knew we really wanted. I need to take the time to look at the rest of the ports. We are looking at a lot of DIY. 
I appreciate all the advice. Thank you all