NCL Pearl out of Bermuda this year, have the shows changed, who is the Cruise Director, please share.

JCMass.

4 minutes ago, mawvkysc said:

Just off the ship.

First night was a comedian that was family friendly and they introduced the officers related to hotel/food and beverage. It was good! (There will be a different Comedian this coming week) 

2nd night. Pure Variety production show. It was canceled due to rough seas. Would’ve been nice if the made it up as a matinee on our  second sea day or during night 4

3rd night. A guest singer. The show band is very good. I enjoyed this show. I’m sure the guest acts change. Something besides just singing would be nice. See below. 

4th night A movie. What?? It was Marry Me a somewhat newer movie

5th night The same guest singer. A different show, but we didn’t attend. 

6th night. Same comedian but a PG13 and later an R show. We didn’t attend. 

7th night Legends in Concert production show. Again the band was great. Like someone mentioned above it was a “good” show mainly because of the crowds energy. I have to say the choreography was better than my last MSC cruise. 

Around the ship was mainly singers.

The piano player Ricardo was an enjoyable pianist but not a great singer. Wish they just had him play music. It would’ve been relaxing and a change from the other singing. 

Seaside Duo has an energetic female singer. 

There was a guitar player who sang. Wish he did more acoustic than electric. 

Funky Roots was more of a Caribbean sound band. 

A few times they had a horns duo. They seemed nervous and uncomfortable with the music. Maybe they were filling in. They are part of the show band 

We found all of the singers hard to hear when they were talking between the songs. The mics kind of muffled their voices. 

Overall it was underwhelming, and it was almost all singing. More variety would’ve been nice. I expected a smaller ship would offer less, but there is room for improvement. 

Your entertainment was pretty much the same as ours. 
I am anxious to see what will happen next year when a different ship will be doing the Boston to Bermuda schedule. 

I think because Pearl is used for music charters all winter they tend to bring on some of the same entertainment every year. 
We saw Seaside Duo, Funky Roots and Legends on Pearl to Bermuda in 2022 so it was all very repetitive for us this time. 

On 5/12/2023 at 11:29 AM, styles27 said:

Your entertainment was pretty much the same as ours. 
I am anxious to see what will happen next year when a different ship will be doing the Boston to Bermuda schedule. 

I think because Pearl is used for music charters all winter they tend to bring on some of the same entertainment every year. 
We saw Seaside Duo, Funky Roots and Legends on Pearl to Bermuda in 2022 so it was all very repetitive for us this time. 

What ship is coming next year ?  

"NCL Pearl out of Bermuda this year, have the shows changed, who is the Cruise Director, please share. "   

I wrote this to start this thread, and got some great answers but now that we are back from the cruise on the Pearl ourselves,  I will add to it for others with some of the information I now have first hand.

I never saw the Captain, and never heard a report from the bridge and he was not mentioned in the list of officers.  We were in an aft suite on the first day were sent some treats with a card that said compliments of Johan Stofling Captain.  He kept a low profile that's for sure, we are used to seeing the Captain around the ship, but not this time. 

The Cruise Director was Carol Stanley who we never saw in person either.  He assistant always did the introductions at the show in the theater. 

We took this cruise last year too, and the shows were the same as last year.  But unlike some other's who said there were few shows there were quite a few.  The comedian was Andrew Kennedy, he did a family friendly show on day one and an adult show on day 6, we did not see his show.  The production show "Pure Variety"   was cancelled due to heavy seas on the day 2, and it was just skipped.  Often they find another night to have the production shows, not this time.  Day 3 and 5 was vocalist Alex Yost we saw both shows.  He had a wonderful voice and sang a range of songs for different era's, but his stage presence was very frenetic.  Day 4 was "Throwback" 1969", we did not see it this time but last year it was our favorite show, don't miss it and the music, clothes and fun of the 60's.  On Day 6 we saw "Broadway Cabaret" with the Pearl Vocalists, the Spinaker Lounge was packed it was excellent, songs of Broadway in the 1980's.  Day 7 was "Legends in Concert"  we saw this last year also, very energetic lots of singing and dancing with impersonators of Elvis, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson.  

We had a great time !

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JCMass. said:

Thanks, we have been on the Gem a sister ship of the Pearl.   This Jewel class is our favorite. 

Ours too! We were considering driving to NY next year for our Bermuda cruise as we’ve been on Pearl twice but now I’m looking forward to trying Gem from Boston. 

1 hour ago, JCMass. said:

"NCL Pearl out of Bermuda this year, have the shows changed, who is the Cruise Director, please share. "   

I wrote this to start this thread, and got some great answers but now that we are back from the cruise on the Pearl ourselves,  I will add to it for others with some of the information I now have first hand.

I never saw the Captain, and never heard a report from the bridge and he was not mentioned in the list of officers.  We were in an aft suite on the first day were sent some treats with a card that said compliments of Johan Stofling Captain.  He kept a low profile that's for sure, we are used to seeing the Captain around the ship, but not this time. 

The Cruise Director was Carol Stanley who we never saw in person either.  He assistant always did the introductions at the show in the theater. 

We took this cruise last year too, and the shows were the same as last year.  But unlike some other's who said there were few shows there were quite a few.  The comedian was Andrew Kennedy, he did a family friendly show on day one and an adult show on day 6, we did not see his show.  The production show "Pure Variety"   was cancelled due to heavy seas on the day 2, and it was just skipped.  Often they find another night to have the production shows, not this time.  Day 3 and 5 was vocalist Alex Yost we saw both shows.  He had a wonderful voice and sang a range of songs for different era's, but his stage presence was very frenetic.  Day 4 was "Throwback" 1969", we did not see it this time but last year it was our favorite show, don't miss it and the music, clothes and fun of the 60's.  On Day 6 we saw "Broadway Cabaret" with the Pearl Vocalists, the Spinaker Lounge was packed it was excellent, songs of Broadway in the 1980's.  Day 7 was "Legends in Concert"  we saw this last year also, very energetic lots of singing and dancing with impersonators of Elvis, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson.  

We had a great time !

Wow. I didn’t realize that Throwback 1969 was a show. I just thought it meant they would be singing songs from the 60s that night. The same with Broadway Cabaret. I wish they would have had those in the theatre. We saw Carol during the Welcome Aboard show and she came out at the end of the 9:00 Legends Show. I did see her walking about around the ship a fair amount. 

4 minutes ago, mawvkysc said:

Wow. I didn’t realize that Throwback 1969 was a show. I just thought it meant they would be singing songs from the 60s that night. The same with Broadway Cabaret. I wish they would have had those in the theatre. We saw Carol during the Welcome Aboard show and she came out at the end of the 9:00 Legends Show. I did see her walking about around the ship a fair amount. 

I am not sure how people define a show, but Throwback 1969 had costumes, music, lights, and dancing to me that is a show.  The Cabaret night the four singers had on fancy clothes and sang as a group, duets and solo's and there was lights and music to me that is a show.  The theater was being used by the comedian that night.  If you get another chance see them you won't be sorry

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, JCMass. said:

I am not sure how people define a show, but Throwback 1969 had costumes, music, lights, and dancing to me that is a show.  The Cabaret night the four singers had on fancy clothes and sang as a group, duets and solo's and there was lights and music to me that is a show.  The theater was being used by the comedian that night.  If you get another chance see them you won't be sorry

Sounds like a show to me. Thanks for the info. Did you see my post cruise question over on the roll call? 

17 hours ago, JCMass. said:

We had a great time !

Any guess as to why the Captain appears to be AWOL?

Last year they were still keeping the officers away from the general population because of Covid but at least we heard announcements from him and his name was listed on the program. 

This year nothing. 

15 hours ago, JCMass. said:

I think when someone says “show” we’re talking about the entertainment in the Stardust Theater. 
On our sailing this year it was a little lacking. 
Spinnaker on our sailing did game shows and the Glow Party and a lot of Funky Roots band nights.

That was only the second sailing so it sounds like they’re adding more variety in the Spinnaker which is good