Changing specialty dining reservations last minute - Any penality?

gregluk

If you have speciality dining reservations are you able to change/cancel last minute ? (say 1 hour before) Or do you get charged?

It says on the norwegian website from the faq page.

Just wondered if this was correct? and if anyone has any experience with this?

What is your Restaurant Cancellation policy?

Cancellations of dinner reservations must be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled dining time. If cancellation occurs with less than 24 hours' notice, the full price of the cover per guest will be charged

Edited by gregluk

You won’t get charged.

That wording has been there for years and I’ve never heard of anyone being charged (what would be the charge anyway, as it is a la carte?).

You should obviously still cancel as early as you can, just to avoid taking a space that someone else could have, but you shouldn’t have any trouble.

• Like 1

Obviously a la carte I can understand they couldn't really charge, but what about potentially the ones with a set cover charge, I guess they could charge this , plus you will have already paid upfront or used a speciality dining credit so not sure how that works, or if it just automatically gets credited back

21 minutes ago, gregluk said:

plus you will have already paid upfront or used a speciality dining credit

Your dining credit isn't charged until you eat.  I suppose if you booked a cover-charge restaurant and then skipped out on the reservation they could still debit you a dining credit, but imagine the uproar from that!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gregluk said:

If you have speciality dining reservations are you able to change/cancel last minute ? (say 1 hour before) Or do you get charged?

It says on the norwegian website from the faq page.

Just wondered if this was correct? and if anyone has any experience with this?

What is your Restaurant Cancellation policy?

Cancellations of dinner reservations must be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled dining time. If cancellation occurs with less than 24 hours' notice, the full price of the cover per guest will be charged

There is no penalty. But, getting another reservation will be hard/impossible. Don’t miss your reservation, else go to the buffet. Remember, most popular restaurants are significantly oversold to accommodate Suites guests. 

This is an example of reservation availability on our cruise a week ago. (Red=sold out). 

IMG_2818.thumb.jpeg.c68ddab40ff8855c48b0e592fb231a90.jpegIMG_2819.thumb.jpeg.5368a90edfda338adfbb2623218a2e48.jpeg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, gregluk said:

Obviously a la carte I can understand they couldn't really charge, but what about potentially the ones with a set cover charge, I guess they could charge this , plus you will have already paid upfront or used a speciality dining credit so not sure how that works, or if it just automatically gets credited back

You don’t use dining credits when you book, you use them when you eat.

I suppose that if you booked online and paid the cover charge then you may struggle to get this refunded if you didn’t show up, but I wouldn’t recommend paying upfront at all.