Upgrading to Balcony (not via upgrade advantage) do I get extra speciality dinning?

rattla

I am aware that those upgrading via upgrade advantage bidding do not get any extra perks.  But I am still over a 100 days out and have just got my TA to change me from an Ocean View to a Club Balcony.

As balcony gets an extra Specialty dining on on Free At Sea, should I get the extra dining in this situation?

You will get the current Free At Sea offer for club balcony cabins - it may be different from the FAS offer you got at the time of doing your original reservation. If the current offer includes more specialty dining for a club balcony than you had in your original booking, then that is what you will get. Note that also other FAS perks may be different now than they were at the time of booking your original reservation. Some times these changes are "better" than originally offered, and some times they are actually the opposite... 

6 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

You will get the current Free At Sea offer for club balcony cabins - it may be different from the FAS offer you got at the time of doing your original reservation. If the current offer includes more specialty dining for a club balcony than you had in your original booking, then that is what you will get. Note that also other FAS perks may be different now than they were at the time of booking your original reservation. Some times these changes are "better" than originally offered, and some times they are actually the opposite... 

OK thanks.  It appears that my booking is still showing 2 x FAS dining (what I got for a  >14 day ocean view cabin), whereas I would expect 3 now for a Balcony or above.  Seems I will need to speak to them to check. 👍

Edited by rattla

yes, you will get the extra meal.  The perk is specialty dining, not the # of meals.  That being said, you'd also get the extra meal even if you upgraded with upgrade advantage.  I'm saying this from experience.  

• Like 1