Is the "VOOM SURF + STREAM" the only internet package RCL offers?

This will be our first RCL cruise (Symphony of the Seas).  Looking at what we can add to the cruise, we see a VOOM SURF + STREAM internet package. Some of the other cruise lines have different level internet packages, one for more basic needs and a faster one to support streaming.  We have no need for streaming.  Has anyone seen multiple levels of internet packages offered on the Symphony?  Might RCL offer different options at different times (for example, if we don't bite on the streaming package, might we see a lower level package offered closer to the cruise date, or is it a case of "What you see is what you can get"?).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vagabond Knight said:

Might RCL offer different options at different times (for example, if we don't bite on the streaming package, might we see a lower level package offered closer to the cruise date, or is it a case of "What you see is what you can get"?)

No, but what is available on board which is not available in the planner is a 24 hour plan - you know, for that sea day when you can't live without access.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

No, but what is available on board which is not available in the planner is a 24 hour plan - you know, for that sea day when you can't live without access.

Ha-ha, trust me... I can most definitely live without access for a day. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for asking this! I was coming in to ask the same question.  Online they show 2 options but when you go to purchase it they only show 1, the more expensive one.  We'll have international plans on our phones as well so we can use them when we're in port.  No need to give RCL another $250.  

2 hours ago, gail-s said:

Online they show 2 options but when you go to purchase it they only show 1, the more expensive one.

You have experienced RCI IT issues - the Surf option in the planner was removed last November fleet wide.

2 hours ago, BBQ Bacon said:

When it comes to the internet package can you buy one package for 2 devices and then share with your spouse?  

You can share with any/everyone but limited to two devices at a time.

• Like 1

I am a first time cruiser.....so my daughter wants to take her phone and I want to take mine.  When I go to choose the Internet/VOOM package, I have to choose her or I or both and then the number of devices which jumps the price way up.  She is on my cellular plan now (she is only 16), and I want us to both be able to use our phones.  What options would I choose?  Thanks for any clarification!

58 minutes ago, Cruisin_Kat said:

What options would I choose? 

If you need to use both phones at the same time, get a two-device package in your name. If you can get by with sharing, get a one device package - only one of you can be on at a time. Enable and practice using wifi calling at home (with phone in plane mode).

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are Diamond and get 2 "free" days of internet each. On our last cruise, I asked the staff Voom guru person if I can get credited the 2 days from the package I bought. He told me NO b/c I had gotten a discount rate by purchasing it pre-cruise! I have always wondered if he was telling me the truth or he just didn't want to be bothered b/c he was very busy. Has anyone had any experience with this issue?

4 hours ago, BopRN said:

Has anyone had any experience with this issue?

Most reports indicate the same thing you were told - you can't apply the on-board perk to a pre-cruise purchase. Even combining the two discounts off the on-board price is most of the time a no.