Set Dining - Never show up?

fuddrules

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

We are new (almost sailed Carnival 2004 & 2005) TA said she couldn't get us early seating which is what we always get on other lines, so have YTD? Should we ask to be waitlisted or just go and wait at early seating? We always sit at a table for two if that makes a difference.

Thanks

You have YTD right now.  You can always check in as soon as bookings open up on the app.  This should be around 520 when seatings start at 530.  On some ships, the two elegant nights may start at 500 because of more people wanting the lobster tails and upgraded options.  If you get a good waiter & team on the first night, you can request them for subsequent nights. The flexibility of YTD is nice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Avalon35 said:

How do you get on waitlist for YTD? I just booked and ended up with late seating.  I do not want to end up at a table alone. 

If you booked through your PVP, contact him or her.  If you booked through Carnival without a PVP, call the general phone number, give them your reservation number and ask to be placed on the wait list.  If you booked through an outside travel agent or agency, you will need to contact them to get you placed on the wait list.

On 5/2/2023 at 5:11 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

You have YTD right now.  You can always check in as soon as bookings open up on the app.  This should be around 520 when seatings start at 530.  On some ships, the two elegant nights may start at 500 because of more people wanting the lobster tails and upgraded options.  If you get a good waiter & team on the first night, you can request them for subsequent nights. The flexibility of YTD is nice.

Ok more questions, with YTD is there a dedicated dining venue? We have two main dining rooms listed (hasn't sailed yet so info out there) Grand Canal & Marco Polo. We would want Marco Polo at least once do we get to choose? Also you have elegant nights? Is that just the formal evenings like other lines, except NCL they have do what you want.

Thanks again.

7 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Ok more questions, with YTD is there a dedicated dining venue? We have two main dining rooms listed (hasn't sailed yet so info out there) Grand Canal & Marco Polo. We would want Marco Polo at least once do we get to choose? Also you have elegant nights? Is that just the formal evenings like other lines, except NCL they have do what you want.

Thanks again.

All three of the dining rooms on your ship are YTD since Princess only offers that.  You can go onto the app and make your reservations for whichever dining room you want and see what times would be available for the size of your party.  If you want Marco Polo every night and it's available at the time you want, then just confirm it.  The elegant nights are usually nights 2 & 6 on a 7 night cruise, but that's not set in stone.  If you are cruising in Europe I believe that more people dress up as opposed to a Caribbean or Alaska cruise.

46 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

All three of the dining rooms on your ship are YTD since Princess only offers that.  You can go onto the app and make your reservations for whichever dining room you want and see what times would be available for the size of your party.  If you want Marco Polo every night and it's available at the time you want, then just confirm it.  The elegant nights are usually nights 2 & 6 on a 7 night cruise, but that's not set in stone.  If you are cruising in Europe I believe that more people dress up as opposed to a Caribbean or Alaska cruise.

Darn guess I'm out of luck, I don't have a cell phone that will work for this so don't have the app.  Assume we can dine someplace on elegant night we no longer carry his suit on vacations.

Thanks

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Darn guess I'm out of luck, I don't have a cell phone that will work for this so don't have the app.  Assume we can dine someplace on elegant night we no longer carry his suit on vacations.

Thanks

A suit is no longer needed.  A pair of Dockers and a collared shirt is OK.  Doesn't even need to be long sleeved with a tie.  Things are much more casual these days.

• Like 1