NORWEGIAN FJORDS TIPS

Hi 

Hubs & I are going to the Norwegian Fjords In June. If we don't want to do The Ship Excusions mainly due to mobility what things are there to do in each port than would not include a lot of walking... 

Thank You 

Juls1964

2 minutes ago, juls1964 said:

Hi 

Hubs & I are going to the Norwegian Fjords In June. If we don't want to do The Ship Excusions mainly due to mobility what things are there to do in each port than would not include a lot of walking... 

Thank You 

Juls1964

What ports are you visiting?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, juls1964 said:

Hi 

Thank You 

Juls1964

7 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Stavanger, Norway

10 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Stavanger, NorwayStavanger, Norway
Alesund, Norway.
Olden, Norway.
Haugesund, Norway

11 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Stavanger, Norway
Alesund, Norway.
Olden, Norway.
Haugesund, Norway

Stavanger: loads of museums. The Petrol museum is close by and well worth a visit (more interesting than it sounds), plus the Viking VR, canning and maritime museum are close too. Also it’s relatively flat. There is also a HOHO bus.

Alesund: the HOHO bus takes you to the top look out and the aquarium. 

Olden: the self-arranged trip on the sky lift is possible with the bus being outside the ship and is ok for mobility issues. There is also a little land train.

This thread would be a good starting point for Alesund, a favourite with cruise pax as it is so easy to DIY and is a pleasant town to explore from a very central docking location.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2826391-alesund-norway/#comment-62526938

You could also use the CC Search Tool to find past threads and posts for your other ports.

At Stavenger you could book an independent cruise to Pulpit rock.   The view of the rock is not that great from the water, but the cruise itself was fun with great views of the rock walls bordering the fjord, etc.   I recall those boats docked close to the ship so it would be a pretty easy walk from ship to boat, I think.   Also in Stavenger, our ship docked right next to a quaint neighborhood.   It was a very nice walk through the residential area right next to the ship.   Easy stroll (and free!)