Can anyone confirm about NCL non-solo cabin ships and "solo activities"?

VIKINGCRUISER

Hi all,

I have been trying to get the never up to cruise solo, and one of the motivations is NCL having "solo" programs (hosted by a staff member in the solo cabin area lounge. I am conflicted as I called NCL as I am interested in the "Jade", but I was told none of the "Older" ships have the solo cabins, and sans solo cabins, there are no solo programs or activity "meet-ups" hosted by a staff member.

Basically it would have to be on a newer ship and likely a 7 days cruise (4-5 day solo cruisers Out of luck).

So am I being told correctly by NCL?     There are no solo programs, even if if it's a ship like the "Jade" Gem" or "Pearl" with no solo cabins?

Just bummed if this is the case because I thought I read otherwide in some reviews.

Thanks

Edited by VIKINGCRUISER

• VIKINGCRUISER changed the title to Can anyone confirm about NCL non-solo cabin ships and "solo activities"?

They had solo programs on the other ships before Covid.  They were suspended during Covid but I am pretty sure they have restarted most if not all.  Why not pick your cruise and then call NCL and ask about that specific ship.

Actually the solo programs on the smaller ships were more fun to me.  When I was in a solo on the Epic, there were about 100 people at the solo meet and it was a zoo.  The smaller ships had 6 to 15 people and it was much easier to get to know individuals.

I've been on 5-6 NCL cruises since the restart, and every one of them has a Solo Travelers get together, daily. On ships that have a Solo lounge, its held there (and the door propped open for those note staying in solo cabins). Otherwise its usually held in a bar - sometimes the wine bar, sometimes places like the Bliss Lounge, depending on what's available and the size of the group.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was on the Jewel May 15-22 from Vancouver to Seward and stumbled upon the solo cruisers group by accident at lunch one day.

The maitre d asked how many in my party and I replied that I was solo. He took that to mean I was meeting the solo group and ushered me to their table! I think there were nine of us. Two male seniors, a single father with preteen daughter, a 20-something guy, and two women coworkers traveling together for the first time.

I intended to meet up again, but the daily meeting (posted as 6 pm in the Spinnaker Lounge in the dailies) was a difficult time to make. Sometimes, I had late excursions or was back on board after a day out and was ready to head to dinner. It also didn't help that the Spinnaker Lounge is Forward and my cabin and regular dining room were Aft. I didn't have the will and energy to walk all that way and walk back with a growling tummy. 

So long story short, NCL does have a daily official listed Solo Cruisers meeting, but no one on crew was there to lead the lunch I attended. Maybe someone from NCL attended the first meeting or maybe someone was at the 6 pm meetings, I don't know. 

Go and have a good time. You'll meet people along the way. I had two separate families from Alabama take me under their wings, looking out for me. 

• Thanks 1