Taxi from San Diego cruise terminal to Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery

Wondering if anyone has taken a taxi from San Diego cruise terminal to Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery.  Is it easy to get to by taxi and how much would the round trip cost?  I hoping to hire a taxi to give us a tour.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I worked on Point Loma as a contractor supporting the Navy/Marine Corps for many years and occasionally ate my lunch there near the cemetery.  It really is a beautiful area.  Recommend you Google "San Diego private tours".  There are many folks who will take you to all the places you'd like to see.

2 hours ago, scottca075 said:

It is easy to get a cab and I'm sure you'd find someone willing to drive you around and back, but it won't be cheap since cabs charge by time and distance.

Yes, I agree.  Most likely the cab option will not be cheap, especially when our Canadian dollar is so low compared to the US Dollar.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, 4hunters said:

I worked on Point Loma as a contractor supporting the Navy/Marine Corps for many years and occasionally ate my lunch there near the cemetery.  It really is a beautiful area.  Recommend you Google "San Diego private tours".  There are many folks who will take you to all the places you'd like to see.

Thank you.  Will look at the 'San Diego private tours' to see what's offered.  

It's not really very far from the port to Ft Rosecrans. Maybe you could have someone drop you off and then request a ride back on a taxi app or call them ? Most of the older memorials are all in one place..on the oldest side of the cemetery facing SD Bay and if you want to visit a specific grave site there is a map in the visitor's center. I'm not sure but they might have a golf cart or something like that to get you to the spot. I think you can contact them directly if questions. 

8 hours ago, LuAnn said:

It's not really very far from the port to Ft Rosecrans. Maybe you could have someone drop you off and then request a ride back on a taxi app or call them ? Most of the older memorials are all in one place..on the oldest side of the cemetery facing SD Bay and if you want to visit a specific grave site there is a map in the visitor's center. I'm not sure but they might have a golf cart or something like that to get you to the spot. I think you can contact them directly if questions. 

LuAnn...Thank you for your suggestions and info about the location of the older memorials.  Fort Rosecrans looks like a beautiful place to visit.  I'm trying to fit this into our itinerary as we plan to visit the USS Midway first thing in the morning.  So many things to see with so little time.

14 hours ago, I Love Carbs said:

LuAnn...Thank you for your suggestions and info about the location of the older memorials.  Fort Rosecrans looks like a beautiful place to visit.  I'm trying to fit this into our itinerary as we plan to visit the USS Midway first thing in the morning.  So many things to see with so little time.

It is an incredibly beautiful place..and the views to the east towards the city and mountains are fabulous on a clear day. My DH Kenneth, who passed away last year, was a Docent on the USS Midway. It's considered the #1 tourist destination in SD by Trip Advisor and you can really spend the entire day there...if you want. I hope you enjoy your stay in SD...and you're so right..there is a lot to see and do!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuAnn said:

My DH Kenneth, who passed away last year, was a Docent on the USS Midway.

LuAnn, so sorry for your loss. I have a pass to the USS Midway Museum and love to pass away time chatting with the docents and thanking them for their military service and then their service to the USS Midway.

18 hours ago, I Love Carbs said:

I'm trying to fit this into our itinerary as we plan to visit the USS Midway first thing in the morning.  So many things to see with so little time.

Exactly, the USS Midway can take the entire day I wouldn't cut it short.  

10 hours ago, LuAnn said:

It is an incredibly beautiful place..and the views to the east towards the city and mountains are fabulous on a clear day. My DH Kenneth, who passed away last year, was a Docent on the USS Midway. It's considered the #1 tourist destination in SD by Trip Advisor and you can really spend the entire day there...if you want. I hope you enjoy your stay in SD...and you're so right..there is a lot to see and do!!

LuAnn - very sorry for the loss of your husband Kenneth.  With the USS Midway considered as the #1 tourist destination in San Diego, I should try to spend the majority of our day there instead of running all over town.  Will try to fit in the Petco Tour as it isn't too far from the Midway.  

6 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Exactly, the USS Midway can take the entire day I wouldn't cut it short.  

Your advice is well noted! Will definitely take my time to appreciate the USS Midway tour.  By the way, do we need to purchase the tickets online or can we purchase the tickets on the day of?  

11 hours ago, I Love Carbs said:

Your advice is well noted! Will definitely take my time to appreciate the USS Midway tour.  By the way, do we need to purchase the tickets online or can we purchase the tickets on the day of?  

I would buy on line then you don't have to worry about standing in line for them.  

15 hours ago, I Love Carbs said:

LuAnn - very sorry for the loss of your husband Kenneth.  With the USS Midway considered as the #1 tourist destination in San Diego, I should try to spend the majority of our day there instead of running all over town.  Will try to fit in the Petco Tour as it isn't too far from the Midway.  

I think Petco Park was recently voted one of ..if not the top baseball park in the US. And yes...not that far away from the Midway.  And thank you for your comment about Kenneth. 

Edited by LuAnn

22 hours ago, scottca075 said:

LuAnn, so sorry for your loss. I have a pass to the USS Midway Museum and love to pass away time chatting with the docents and thanking them for their military service and then their service to the USS Midway.

They are a great bunch of guys..and a few "gals" as well. Kenneth was in the US Navy for 5 years and served part of that time on the FDR carrier. His rank was "Quarter Master 2" and he was at the helm..sailed her under the Golden Gate Bridge once..a real thrill for him!! 

• Like 2