Port of Miami

snowy owl

On 5/7/2023 at 1:00 PM, illinoisfive said:

April 29 Horizon we were told to sit in a specific area, however we are Platinum and were given a O boarding card and boarded according to zone.  Actually after the woman called the K zone she then said it was open boarding.  Did not appear that status mattered.  Boarding began at 10:00 AM and we were on the ship by 10:15 which was great except that the room steward did not want us to drop our carryon in the room even though we printed off the Christine Duffy letter that we received a few days before that allowed for Platinums to drop off luggage in room and leave.

Did you still go ahead and drop it off anyway? I bought FTTF for upcoming Horizon cruise specifically for this perk…I really don’t want to start off my cruise by arguing about it with the room attendant. 😊

7 minutes ago, zanydoc said:

Did you still go ahead and drop it off anyway? I bought FTTF for upcoming Horizon cruise specifically for this perk…I really don’t want to start off my cruise by arguing about it with the room attendant. 😊

This is an usual situation in my experiance.  I have not heard of anyone being denied the option to drop the luggage if they were Suite/Diamond/Platinum/FTTF

I have been questioned coming down the hallway (told rooms aren't ready yet), and when I replied I am Diamond just dropping my luggage... they were like "Oh, yes then go ahead"

There may have been some issue with the room that needed resolved since this poster indicated they were on by 10:15 (which is really early).  Not sure.

• Like 1

It was unusual in my situation also as I have never had a problem with it on previous trips.  When I nicely pressed the fact after being told no, I mentioned that I thought it was a Platinum benefit.  He then told us to go ahead to leave immediately after putting carryon in closet.  All they had left to do was vaccuum the room, so it was not that the room had to be cleaned according to his partner.  They were both nice, I do not mean to sound like they were rude.  Too many rooms for these poor stewards.

And yes we were shocked that the actual boarding onto the ship was 10:15! The poor workers at Guy burgers and Blue Iguana were not ready to serve lunch yet and people were nicely waiting in line.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, illinoisfive said:

And yes we were shocked that the actual boarding onto the ship was 10:15! The poor workers at Guy burgers and Blue Iguana were not ready to serve lunch yet and people were nicely waiting in line.

Let's hope they were waiting nicely.  It would be a bit unreasonable to expect lunch to be ready at 10:15.