Has anyone used Flix Bus from Venice to Ravenna?

Tokeiya

Hello, I am a first timer to cruise in Europe. I am just a bit nervous about getting around since I don't speak the language. If anyone could kindly tell me how easy it is to find Venice Mestre (Stazione FS)? I booked a FlixBus to Ravenna for my family with 2 teens the night before the cruise so we can stay in Ravenna without feeling rushed, but the station on the Google Map looks pretty big! We are staying at a hotel in Mestre in San Marco area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Would you share the name of the hotel?  Mestre is on the mainland while San Marco is out among the islands, two different places.

The Venice Mestre train station is easy to find, not too hard to navigate.  The address is Viale Stazione 8/8c, 30171 Mestre Italia.  If you make a google map you'll see a large bus depot.

• Like 1

Thank you! The hotel we will be staying at is Venice Hotel San Giuliano. It is so possible that I was looking at the map wrong (hence, I am thankful for your reply!). I also booked another hotel because I was unsure, and its name is Feel Inn- Venice Airport Luxury Rooms. Both hotels had good reviews and were reasonable.

If this is the hotel (Hotel San Giuliano – Venice – Official Website) it's not at San Marco, it's in Mestre about 2.2 km/one and a half miles on foot from the train station.  That may be a bit too far to walk with luggage, you might ask the hotel to call you a taxi.  

The Feel Inn is a little further away but it's on the route of a local bus that you could take to the train station, they give directions on their website: From the train station of Mestre - Feel inn Venice Hotel

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

no, usually just one and it leaves around 6pm. 

Youll need to enter your travel dates on the flixbus website.

Travel by bus from Venice to Ravenna on Sun, Oct 8 (flixbus.com)

Venice can appear as Venice (Mestre Stazione FS), or Venice (Tronchetto) or even Venice (Marco Polo Airport) so be mindful of that.

1 hour ago, Igmus mom said:

Is it true that celebrity will only let you take their bus to the port if you arrive the same day as the cruise 

Since your question is specific to Celebrity, you might want to ask on the Celebrity forum.

But I'm guessing the work around to that problem would be to go back to the airport and say you arrived at noon on Delta Flight #... ( just find an appropriate flight on the VCE web site).   It's only a 20 minute ride between Mestre and the airport, 10E, so easy to do. 

3 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

Since your question is specific to Celebrity, you might want to ask on the Celebrity forum.

But I'm guessing the work around to that problem would be to go back to the airport and say you arrived at noon on Delta Flight #... ( just find an appropriate flight on the VCE web site).   It's only a 20 minute ride between Mestre and the airport, 10E, so easy to do. 

Celebrity also offers a shuttle that leaves from Tronchetto for people who arrive early and stay in Venice pre-cruise. I know from experience; used it last October.

1 hour ago, Igmus mom said:

Thanks for the replies.  Do you know if Celebrity runs buses several times a day?

we will be arriving in Venice on May 23, for a May 24 cruise departure.

It may depend on how many sign up, but last October there were only 2 departure times. I don't recall exactly but remember they were about two hours apart, say 10:00 am and noon. 

It's a 2.5 hour trip (3 hrs if there's a rest stop), so they couldn't leave much later than that and get everyone to Ravenna for check-in before the mandatory all-aboard time.