Tokyo guide

aunteemom

Japan is such a tourist friendly country, no guide is really needed. Have been to Japan about a dozen times, (real trips, not airport stop overs). So much information is online that it is easy. The public transportation system allows you to go anywhere.  English is common, and many visitor centers on the ground that will help you.  

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2023 at 8:09 PM, Expat Cruise said:

Japan is such a tourist friendly country, no guide is really needed. Have been to Japan about a dozen times, (real trips, not airport stop overs). So much information is online that it is easy. The public transportation system allows you to go anywhere.  English is common, and many visitor centers on the ground that will help you.  

Good info.  I’m trying to determine whether to use a guide or DIY on our Japan stops.   I’ve found DYI is easier on land trips.  When cruising, I’ve  found  the short time in port is sometimes better spent with a guide than fumbling around trying to figure out public transportation.  Also a guide with a car is more efficient than public transportation if you want to see places that are far apart. 

In Tokyo is public transportation available at the port?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BruceMuzz said:

Tokyo officially has 6 International Cruise Ports / Terminals.

5 of those ports / terminals are used regularly by international cruise ships.

All of them have public transport available at the port.

6 Cruise Ports?!?!  Wow!   Thanks for letting me know they all have public transport.  Guess I need to figure out which one the HAL world cruise is going to use.

Tokyo is a sophisticated tourist destination with an excellent public transport network. While most Japanese people speak English with a Japanese accent, they are willing to offer assistance. Most transportation in Tokyo provides notices and announcements in English, so it's not necessary to navigate the city with a tour guide.

• Like 2