BEST Tequila to buy in Ensenada????

SakeDad

There are many liquor stores on the main street in Ensenada. Tequila comes in all prices. The more expensive is for sipping. It depends on how much you want to spend and how much knowledge you have of the product. I will say that some of the bottles can make them collectors as they are very attractive. Prices from $10- $500 and more .:)

YES! Don Julio in the squat round, brown bottle.

Other favorites of mine is Heradura and Tres Generaciones. These are all "top shelf" tequilas and won't be cheap (as in the rot-gut Jose Quervo); which I thought was pretty good - until my first trip to Mexico (Manzanillo), and got to taste what good tequila really tastes like.

Well, I'm going to go to the discount liquor store here and check all the prices, then I'll know if it's a good deal down there or not. I'll let you all know what I discover.

Make sure you look at the labels so you are comparing apples-to-apples rather than just price. Make sure the bottle has "100% agave" or "100% blue agave" on the label. Any real tequila that is not crystal clear will have "reposado" or "anejo" on the label.

Check out this web site for more information on tequila than you ever wanted to know - http://www.ianchadwick.com/tequila/tequila_index.html

Enjoy!

I usually go to the Giante Supermarket that is just off the main shopping road to get my booze. They tend to be cheaper than the liquor stores on the main road. They have a pretty good selection of Tequila and other things like bottled water and soda. KY

I usually go to the Giante Supermarket that is just off the main shopping road to get my booze. They tend to be cheaper than the liquor stores on the main road. They have a pretty good selection of Tequila and other things like bottled water and soda. KY

I agree. I always check out this market. They have everything. Also, if you are lucky, the liquor lady will be there with her booth. Once a week, a tequila distributor comes and sets up a booth with all kinds of great tastes. You can get drunk for free at the market and never have to subject yourself to Papas and Beer!

• 2 months later...

Archived