Italian Ports no Spirits...

Krydstosser

We sailed the Norwegian Epic into Livorno in May 2016 with a beverage package and I do not remember seeing a similar sign.  But we had a full day excursion so were off the ship almost as soon as it docked until right before sail away.  Because: Florence!  Pisa!  Chianti!  What a waste to sit on the ship.  And then to complain because of being forced to drink beer and wine?  Priorities, people.

• Like 2

Someone mentioned the Galveston rules…

I cruised out of Galveston on Royal and they let you use the drink package on day 1, but you can only order Texas-sourced alcohol. 

Whereas, it seems Carnival doesn’t allow you to use the package at all. So this is another example of different lines handling regulations in different ways.

I don´t think you got my point with this thread, I can live without alcohol/Spirits but I don't think its fair to sell a drink package upgrade and promise me premium spirit brands, without telling its not available in two ports, including the last evening in Livorno. 

If it is a tax issue between NCL and Livorno they should at least let the customers decide if they will pay the ekstra tax or not have any drinks/spirits as they do in spanish ports. 

I posted this here because I would here if Princess had similar issues if they do not maybe I should try Princess next time. 

Thanks for all your answers, I really appreciate it very much!

Please do not mind my spelling... I am Danish... 

Edited by Krydstosser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1